EK is 7!
My firstborn is seven! WOW! While I am so thankful that I have been able to be EK's mom for seven years, her birthday is a little bittersweet. It's hard not to think about what neuro-typical kids her age can do. How normally, a 7 year old would be asking for friends to come to her birthday party and having several ideas of what gifts to buy her. Each year, the gap gets wider between her and kids her age. I shouldn't compare and most of the time, I don't. Sometimes it just hits me though and it makes me sad.
We kept things low-key this year. I made gluten/dairy/egg free chocolate cupcakes for EK and AK to eat and a regular chocolate cake for AC, me and Keith. We didn't even have extended family over this year because it upsets her to have so many people over at one time. We had to be at church at 6 on Wednesday so we ate dinner at 5 and had cake before we left. (Daddy wasn't going to be home before the kids went to bed.)
Here's a picture of us singing to her. It's hard to know if she understands what's going on. Back when she was 2, I remember that she would sing "Happy Birthday". At least she didn't cry this time when we sang to her. AC helped her blow out her candle. :)
Happy Birthday EK! We love you very much and pray that the Lord would bless you this coming year, however He sees fit.
Comments
Post a Comment