Keeping Jesus the main focus of Easter

Tomorrow is 2 weeks from Easter Sunday.As Christians, Easter should be a bigger celebration that Christmas. Yes, Christmas is special and important because it's when Jesus came to Earth as a baby, but Easter is when we celebrate that fact that Jesus died on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins and he rose victorious over death!! Hallelujah!! I really think it's important to teach our kids early that Jesus died on the cross for our sins. We don't have to go into all the gory details when they are small, but talking about how Jesus is alive on Easter won't mean much if they don't know that he died that Friday before.

 I have been looking on Pinterest and the internet for some ideas to do with the kids this year to help us look forward to Easter Sunday and to remember what Jesus did for us in the days leading up to Resurrection Sunday.

One of my favorites is this idea. She gives several great ideas of things to put in Easter baskets that will teach your kids about the Bible and who God is. LOVE! I ordered several things yesterday and can't wait to give them to the kids.

Here's a toddler/preschool version of the resurrection eggs. Click here.

I am planning to do this Holy Week calendar with AC. I love that it shows what Jesus did each day that week from Palm Sunday to Easter Sunday.

I also want to make this cross. AK might even be able to do it with a little help.





Comments

  1. Thank you for these reminders to focus on Christ! We hope you guys have a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autism Awareness Day

3 days in a row...

3 months ago today...