Christmas

We made cookies for our next door neighbors this year. A few days later, our neighbors across the street brought this cake over. We decided to use it as our birthday cake for Jesus. Here's AC directing us. ;)

AC and AK blowing out the candle.

I wanted to get a picture of the kids in their Christmas jammies. Tried to take it in manual rather than auto so that's why it's a little blurry. Must learn the settings on my camera this year!!

My soon to be "middles".

Christmas morning. Sweet sisters!

AC was very happy with her Imagination Station chapter books. It's the little things for her. Seriously, I think they enjoy stocking stuffers more than their bigger gifts sometimes.

AK opening his Tonka truck. Christmas was lots of fun with him this year. He wanted to help with all different aspects...decorating the tree, putting lights outside, wrapping gifts, making cookies. He was very sad when we took the tree down a couple days ago and kept saying "I don't want Christmas to be over!"

That evening we went to my parents for dinner and gifts. Keith stayed home with AK b/c he had a bad cough. I was just a little worried that he might give something to his other cousins or my Grampa. He was quite heartbroken that he had to stay home but I promised to bring his presents home. :)
Here's EK with Mimi...she was very happy during gift time...not really b/c she got to open things but maybe watching the others kids excited made her happy?

A couchful of cousins...missing two (plus we add 2 more in 2015!)

It's been a tradition since I was a kid to have angel food cake and sing Happy Birthday to Jesus. Glad it's something we keep doing. It's a great reminder of why we really celebrate Christmas!

Keith's parents usually come to our house on Christmas morning but this year my MIL was getting over the flu. We celebrated a few days later with them. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autism Awareness Day

3 days in a row...

3 months ago today...