Happy 9th Birthday EK!
A couple Fridays ago, EK turned 9! I had a neighbor make gluten, dairy and egg free chocolate cupcakes and took them up to her class a little bit before she came home for horse therapy. Mimi even was able to stop by the party for a minute. Her sweet teachers gave her a present...some play ponies. (I had pictures on my phone but I can't seem to get them here. The cupcakes were SO cute!!)
I never know quite what to get her. She doesn't play with toys so we usually get her clothes and pajamas. AC got a guitar for Christmas though and EK likes to watch her play. I thought it would be fun to get a few instruments for EK that are easy to play. Her siblings picked out bongo drums and maracas. She seems to like them. :)
Cannot believe my firstborn is 9! Especially since she is still so dependent on us for everything: from getting her dressed and ready for school to baths, brushing teeth and putting her in bed. It's hard work and it's every day, but I'm thankful the Lord gives me strength and grace to help her. She's a sweet girl. Her big grins and happy squeals make it all worth it. While life for EK isn't at all what I imagined, I love her and I'm glad she's part of our family. She's changed me for the better. Autism stinks but the Lord has used it to sanctify me. I appreciate all of you who pray for our family on a regular basis!
So excited to meet #4!!!
ReplyDelete