Trying to be patient
I have to laugh (or I'll cry, which I have a lot the past week). I wrote this post a week ago. And here I am 7 days later, still pregnant! If the sonogram was correct almost 2 weeks ago, she could weigh in a little over 9# now. That is my biggest fear! I keep praying that the Lord will bring her before she's 9 pounds so I don't have to possibly have a c-section. I mean, I do want a healthy baby in the end, but how much of a bummer would it be to have your first c-section on your last baby??
I really thought she'd be here by now. It's been hard to motivate myself to still do homeschool with AC, but at the same time, I know we need to get some things done. Last week we just did reading and math and reviewed all the Bible verses we've learned this year in Proverbs. Yesterday I decided we'd do some History (which is Bible History this year) and a new Bible verse. Wouldn't you know our verse this week is Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding." Thanks Lord for the timely reminder. I am so torn right now between wanting to be done with the pregnancy and waiting on the Lord's timing. I know in my head that she'll come when the Lord wants her too, but I'm tired and swollen and just ready to adjust to how crazy life will be with four kids. I HATE waiting!! I don't feel like I'm a type A personality but I do like to be organized and plan a little, especially when I have a daughter with special needs. I go back to the doctor tomorrow for my 39 week check-up and while I have never needed to be induced, I think I'll discuss it with him. I just need to know that there WILL be an end in sight. I really was hoping she'd come in January and not my official due date of February 4th. Again, trying to trust the Lord's plans and not be discouraged.
Here's what I wrote last week...
So, I was 38 weeks on Monday and baby girl hasn't made her arrival yet. Last week, I had a sonogram and the doctor estimated her to be about 8 pounds, 4 ounces (based on measurements of thigh bone, abdomen and head). I was really hoping she'd come by now so she isn't my biggest baby. Of course, the sonogram could be off a little, but I do tend to have big babies. AC was 8 lbs. 14 oz (and came at 38 weeks) and AK was 8 lbs. 10 oz. (and came at 38 weeks). You can see why I'm a little nervous. EK was my smallest at 7 lbs. 15 oz. and only came 5 days before her due date.
I'm trying to be patient....I am. Part of me realizes that life will get so much crazier once she's here. But there's another part of me that is tired of being pregnant. My feet have started swelling and I'm getting bigger each day. I'm not sleeping great. (This I realize is still much better than it will be when I have to wake up to feed her in the middle of the night or if she has her days and nights mixed up for a little bit.) It's all perspective right? I'm so thankful for this healthy baby inside me. While I don't feel qualified to take on another child, I know the Lord has a plan. I also know I'll have to depend on His strength and grace more than I do already. I covet your prayers as we wait!
I really thought she'd be here by now. It's been hard to motivate myself to still do homeschool with AC, but at the same time, I know we need to get some things done. Last week we just did reading and math and reviewed all the Bible verses we've learned this year in Proverbs. Yesterday I decided we'd do some History (which is Bible History this year) and a new Bible verse. Wouldn't you know our verse this week is Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding." Thanks Lord for the timely reminder. I am so torn right now between wanting to be done with the pregnancy and waiting on the Lord's timing. I know in my head that she'll come when the Lord wants her too, but I'm tired and swollen and just ready to adjust to how crazy life will be with four kids. I HATE waiting!! I don't feel like I'm a type A personality but I do like to be organized and plan a little, especially when I have a daughter with special needs. I go back to the doctor tomorrow for my 39 week check-up and while I have never needed to be induced, I think I'll discuss it with him. I just need to know that there WILL be an end in sight. I really was hoping she'd come in January and not my official due date of February 4th. Again, trying to trust the Lord's plans and not be discouraged.
Here's what I wrote last week...
So, I was 38 weeks on Monday and baby girl hasn't made her arrival yet. Last week, I had a sonogram and the doctor estimated her to be about 8 pounds, 4 ounces (based on measurements of thigh bone, abdomen and head). I was really hoping she'd come by now so she isn't my biggest baby. Of course, the sonogram could be off a little, but I do tend to have big babies. AC was 8 lbs. 14 oz (and came at 38 weeks) and AK was 8 lbs. 10 oz. (and came at 38 weeks). You can see why I'm a little nervous. EK was my smallest at 7 lbs. 15 oz. and only came 5 days before her due date.
I'm trying to be patient....I am. Part of me realizes that life will get so much crazier once she's here. But there's another part of me that is tired of being pregnant. My feet have started swelling and I'm getting bigger each day. I'm not sleeping great. (This I realize is still much better than it will be when I have to wake up to feed her in the middle of the night or if she has her days and nights mixed up for a little bit.) It's all perspective right? I'm so thankful for this healthy baby inside me. While I don't feel qualified to take on another child, I know the Lord has a plan. I also know I'll have to depend on His strength and grace more than I do already. I covet your prayers as we wait!
Comments
Post a Comment