First few days at home with EJ
Lots of turns holding the baby. AC does a great job! It's so nice to have her hold EJ so I can do something like start a load of laundry or wash some dishes.
AK likes to hold her too, but sometimes EJ isn't too happy about it. In fact, he asked at dinner the other night, "Why doesn't baby Eliza love me?" We asked why he thought that and he replied, "She fusses when I hold her."
The girl loves her swing. I am so thankful we have it! This is where she sleeps at night and sometimes during the day. I have to wake her up at night to feed her.
An attempt at getting a picture of all four. Boy, this is going to be fun! ;)
Big blue eyes!
We went for her 2 week check up and she had lost weight. (I've never had a baby do that.) She was 9 lbs 3oz at birth and was 8 lbs 14 oz when we left the hospital, which is great that she only lost 5 oz. When we went for her 2 week check up she was down to 8 lbs 8 oz, instead of being back up to her birth weight. Our doctor gave me several suggestions on how to get her to gain weight and told us to come back in a week. I followed his instructions (eat more protein, drink more water, nurse on both sides at each feeding, etc). He was hoping to see her gain an ounce a day. When we went back for a weight check, she had only gained 2 ounces. I was extremely discouraged. For now, I have to nurse on both sides and then give an ounce of formula after each feeding. As much as I didn't want to do formula, I need her to gain weight. Hopefully this is just temporary and thankfully she took the formula from a bottle very willingly. We go back again in a week to hopefully see that she's gained at least 7 ounces. If she doesn't, I'm not sure what our next step will be.
It's crazy that even though this is my fourth baby, this is all new to me. The Lord has a way of keeping me humble. Not that I felt super confident before, but this has caused me to rely on the Lord and ask for His help. Honestly just being a mom to four kids has me praying more and asking the Lord for strength and grace. :)
Comments
Post a Comment