Drew is 5!

This handsome fellow is five years old today. I don't think I've mentioned this on here but a little over a month ago, he decided he wanted to be called Drew instead of Andrew. Old habits die hard so I still have trouble remembering and he's more gracious these days to come when I call for Andrew. (He wouldn't the first day or two. He'd say "You forgot my name?" Silly boy!)
This boy has tons of energy and is definitely ALL boy! He has trouble being gentle with his hands and feet and with his words. We're working on it daily. But he loves big! And when he wants to help, he goes all out, asking what chores he can do to help me. He still asks for a hug and a kiss most nights before he goes to bed. While he wears me out most days right now (really looking forward to the structure of school!), I love him dearly and can't imagine life without him.
Here are some things I asked him last night:
The best show on TV is "Ninja Warrior".
The favorite thing about school is "playing outside".
The things I'm best at is "schoolwork".
If I could change my name, it would be "Drew". (And his extra comment was "I got that answer in a jiffy".)
My favorite colors are "blue, red, orange and black".
My favorite toy is "my transformer".
When I grow up, I want to be a "police officer".
I like to take "Elmo" to be with me at night.
My favorite book is "Curious George".
My favorite movie is "Planes".
My favorite season of the year is "Winter".
A food I really like is "pasta salad".
My favorite animal is "cheetah".
My favorite sport is "soccer".
My best friend is Owen.
My favorite holiday is "Christmas".
My favorite thing to do outside is "ride my bike".
My favorite restaurant is "Chick-fil-A".
My favorite breakfast is "toast and eggs" (Not to be confused with egg and toast as he corrected me when I switched the foods around.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autism Awareness Day

3 days in a row...

3 months ago today...