First Day of School 2016

We started back to school on Tuesday. I'm just a few days late in posting. EK is at ERE for one more year. We chose to have her repeat 4th grade so she could have Ms. Flood one more year. Later this year, I hope to visit next year's campus and meet the teacher there. (I did find out this week that the diagnostician is a sweet friend from church who's helped out with EK on Sunday mornings for the past couple years. I love how the Lord goes before us!) I don't like change (especially for my girl who can't tell me anything about her day). We love Ms. Flood and EK feels loved and enjoys being there (most days, except when her teacher makes her work hard...she's not a fan.) EK is such a beautiful girl and we love her! It's a great feeling to know she's well taken care of and loved on at school.
 Sweet AC wanted to have the same dress as EK and woke up early Tuesday morning(6:15am) to get ready so they could get a picture together. I know EK thought it was fun to see her that early. No one is usually up before the bus comes a little after 7am.


We started 3rd grade on Tuesday for AC. I'm taking the homeschool journey one year at a time. Otherwise, it seems too overwhelming and I want to be sure we evaluate each year to be sure it's the best fit (and what we feel the Lord is leading us to). Can't believe this girl is about to turn 9!

Not the greatest picture of EJ, but I asked her to give AC a hug and she did. It was so sweet! She used to just lean in when you asked for a hug.

AK will start back to preschool next Thursday but I'm having him do some light school stuff at home. Other times, his job is to distract EJ so I can get through AC's school work. :)

For curriculum this year we're doing MFW Exploring Countries and Cultures. I'm really excited that we'll read christian biographies as we learn different countries. MFW has our Bible, Social Studies, Science and Reading. We're doing Saxon Math 5/4, All about Spelling 4, Language Lessons 3 and Writing with Ease 3. We are also doing some literature studies like Blake Beauty and James and the Giant Peach. I also just found a site(it's free!) called MobyMax that grades reading comprehension and math. I'm excited about having something she can work on that will give me another way to see where she's at. I feel like she's on grade level, but it's nice to have something confirm that. :)

Here's to another great year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autism Awareness Day

3 days in a row...

3 months ago today...