Back to school...

EK had the whole week off last week from preschool. I wasn't sure how this week would go since it's almost like starting over in her mind. Yesterday morning we were getting ready and I asked if she wanted to go to preschool. She replied, "Ms. Beth, Ms. Beth". Awww...that made me happy and sad at the same time. Ms. Beth was one of her preschool teachers during the spring. I was so excited that she remembered her (as I'm sure Ms. Beth would be) but was sad that she wasn't going to see her. I know EK was sad too when she got to summer preschool and realized she wasn't going to see her favorite teachers. (Not that her summer teachers aren't nice...EK had a special bond with Ms. Beth, Ms. Tammie, and Ms. Colleen..my how we miss them!)
However, she has done REALLY good at preschool both yesterday and today. She worked on her fine motor skills like stringing beads and putting pegs in the pegboard. She's talking up a storm too!! Her ABA therapist filled in 3 pages yesterday during her 2 hour session. Usually she does a page and a half! We are seeing progess!!! Praise the Lord!
She's still repeating a lot of what we say, but talking is talking! We're praying to see more and more of our EK come back to us. We're thankful for the many prayers lifted on her behalf too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 months ago today...

Autism Awareness Day

Anticipating Christmas