Trying to stay cool

It has been so HOT here in Texas lately! This time of year is when I start to question why I've lived here for 11 years now. ;) It's been 100+ degrees and we haven't left the house much, other than for taking EK to preschool and therapy. Sad, I know.
Yesterday, my sister invited us to her neighborhood pool and when I say pool, I should say mini-water park. It's AWESOME! I was a little nervous about taking EK, not knowing how she'd handle it. I didn't want to pay to get us in and then have to leave 10 minutes later with 2 upset girls. (Obviously AC would've been terribly upset to leave right after getting there.) EJ had a blast though! YEAH! (This mama needs to quit worrying so much!) AC had a great time as well, but I knew she would. My mom, sister-in-law and niece met us there too. AC had a great time playing with cousin M.
AC went down the slide at least 10 times! By far her favorite thing! :)
Me with my 2 girls...EK thought it was fun too! :) Cousin M is watching on the side.

EK and cousin M

Mimi and AC hanging out in the deeper end.


EK enjoying the water!

Even cousin Callie had fun!

This is one of the only pics I got of AC b/c she was so busy.

Here's a picture of EK on Monday night...can you see her left ear?? She fell at preschool on Monday and cut it. The school nurse got it to stop bleeding and kept ice on it the rest of the morning. It is still a little swollen, but I don't think it hurts too much. She's done great at preschool this week (even the morning after the injury). Just praying it heals quickly!

She had a great day at ABA therapy on Monday. When I went to pick her up, her therapist commented on much EK enjoyed the chips ahoy cookies. I know I had a puzzled look on my face b/c with EK's special diet (no gluten, dairy or eggs), she can't have chips ahoy cookies. I forgot I had sent some of her special cookies. When I got home, I looked in her backpack and found a few remaining crumbs of chips ahoy cookies in a baggie. I now know why she worked so well on Monday...she hasn't had real cookies in over a year! We may challenge her diet in the coming months to see if she can tolerate some gluten, dairy, and egg. I hate to restrict it if her body can handle it now, but I don't want her to regress any if the food intolerances are still there. So hard to know when you have a non-verbal kid...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autism Awareness Day

3 days in a row...

3 months ago today...