Another trip to the pool

Last Thursday, I took AC to the pool before school got out. I figured it would be one of the last days before lots of kids took over. :)
This week, we had no plans on Thursday. No therapy, no doctor appointments, no school, NOTHING! That's very rare in this household. I decided we needed something to do to get out of the house so we went to the pool in the morning. I asked our neighbors to go with us so AC would have a friend to play with. One might think I'm a little crazy to be almost 28 weeks pregnant and take 2 girls to the pool (one being a special needs kiddo). I might be, but I thought it was worth a shot.
A little background: EK has been freaking out during bathtime for the past month or so. At first, I thought maybe the bubbles were irritating her skin so I quit adding that. Then I stopped adding the epsom salt to her bath for the same reason. The screaming didn't stop. I've even tried putting her in the shower with me, but it's the same reaction. I have no idea what caused her to get so upset during bath time. She used to LOVE them. The only positive about this new situation is that she willingly gets out of the tub.
Now that you know that...I was a little apprehensive taking EK to the pool. I didn't know how she would react and was hoping it wouldn't be like bath time. Nothing like having a child throw a huge tantrum in public!
To my surprise, she LOVED it!!! We stayed in the small pool that is only 18 inches deep. I don't know if it helped to have our neighbors there. Besides having a little girl AC's age, they have twin girls who are 21 months old. EK laughed and giggled the whole time. She loved walking around and splashing and watching the girls. I held onto her almost the entire time b/c I was scared she'd go under and not hold her breath. The one time I let go (although I was right next to her) she put her face in the water, but didn't seem phased by it when I pulled her up. I guess we'll be going again in the near future! :)
Look at this happy girl!

Playing in the water



Still happy (and hard to get a good angle of her face when you are holding on to her)




AC playing with her friend P

Comments

  1. yeah....i'm so happy to hear this....i loved the pool too....you should make this your daily routine now and she will love it....and will look forward to it.....and you all will be tan by the end of summer.....when we went we were always suprised how few folks used the pool....love the smiles on ek's face!! next time get a pic of you in your bikini please!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO AWESOME!!!!! So proud of EK! Was Keith surprised too? Did you get a suit?
    And AC's hair looks so long when it's wet. Glad she got to have some pool time. :) Summer + Texas + Pregnant = pool! :)

    love
    sarah

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autism Awareness Day

3 days in a row...

3 months ago today...