Vacation Bible School

This past week was VBS at our church. We always use Lifeway's curriculum (Southern Baptist publications) so this year we went to the Big Apple. Not so sure the preschoolers understood it, but I know it was fun for the school-aged kids!
The 2 previous years EK didn't attend VBS because it was her first week of ESY (extended school year). It worked out well for the most part, except that I had to leave early each day to pick her up from school. This year, I agreed to teach music to the 2 and 3 year olds thinking that EK would have ESY again. (It's not that I didn't want her to go to VBS, I just thought it would be hard for her since it's a different routine. I didn't want her to cry the whole time and not allow the other kids to have fun.)
So, this year ESY happens to start next week. Before I had time to think about what I was going to do, Ms. Sharla (her awesome teacher from school who is also a member of our church) offered to work with her during VBS! EK also had 2 of her teachers from Sundays, Ms. Shirley and Ms. Janice. I couldn't have asked for a better group of ladies!!! EK did really well and that allowed me to enjoy teaching! :) I had AC's class and EK's class come in for music time, so that was fun to see them. I wasn't sure how EK would do with me in the room, but most of the time, she behaved perfectly. AC had a little more trouble. She was acting shy and trying to hide behind me, instead of singing with me and doing the motions. Silly girl! At least I now know it's not a good idea to teach her class. ;)
All in all, it was a great 4 days!! Thursday morning on our way to VBS, AC said, "I can't believe today is the LAST day! I don't want it to end!" I am thankful for all their teachers who worked with them and taught them about the Bible (and did the cutest crafts with them!) Below is one of the cute crafts and they got a GREAT picture of EK. I just had to share! (It's not the best picture since I took a picture of the picture, but you can still see how happy EK was!)



Here's AC's picture too. The past couple years she wouldn't smile for her teachers, so we talked about that before the first morning. :) Much better!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autism Awareness Day

3 days in a row...

3 months ago today...