Christmas 2011

It's hard to believe another Christmas Day has come and gone! Keith's parents came to spend a couple days with us. It was nice to have them here for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Keith hasn't been feeling well lately, so I was thankful for the help as well as their company. :)

We went to the 4pm Christmas Eve service on Saturday night and I decided to try and take all 3 kids. AC went last year with my parents so I knew she'd do fine. EK hadn't gone in several years b/c for a while, crowds upset her. She seems to be past that phase so I thought it was worth trying. I figured with my mom and Keith's mom there to help me, we could manage. :) EK did great! She sat on my mom's lap practically the whole time. She made a few noises throughout the service, but she was one of many. Our 4pm service is geared towards families with small children so noise is expected. :) AC went up on stage with Mr. Jim invited the kids to go. She found one of her buddies while going up and sat by her. AK did well too....he fell asleep for most of it! :) I was very proud and thankful that I was able to enjoy the service with  my kids. Keith stayed home both Saturday evening and Sunday morning.

Christmas morning
EK did better this year than in years past. She didn't get upset about the morning being different from most mornings. Maybe it's because I gave her breakfast when she first woke up and then we did presents. She really wasn't into opening presents. She would help get the wrapping paper off and then leave the room. I had to get her several times so she could finish. :) I'm thankful that she was happy though. AC LOVED unwrapping presents. Does that surprise you? She enjoyed opening AK's as well. :) She's thanked me several times for her gifts. Sweet girl. When asked what she got she told someone "a harmonica and bubble gum". It's the little things in life, right?






Matching hats from Grandma and PaPaw


AK before church Christmas morning

Cousins AC and M

Cousins AC, C and M

All the Hoyer cousins


We went to my parents Christmas afternoon. I didn't get any pictures of gift opening since I was opening AK's gifts and trying to make my side for dinner. :) The kids had fun opening presents and playing! AC adores her cousins. These girls have a lot of fun together. It's makes me a little sad that EK isn't a part of that. They don't exclude her, she just chooses to watch or be by herself. At least EK was happy for most of the afternoon/evening. She had one meltdown but I think it's because she was hungry. She ate a baked potato, 2 pieces of pork tenderloin, raisins and some chex. She was much better after that! :)
One special tradition we've kept going over the years is a birthday cake for Jesus. Here is a picture of the girls singing before they blew out the candle.
It was a special day reflecting on the gift God gave when he sent his son Jesus as a baby and spending time with our family. We pray you had a blessed Christmas too!

Hail the Heaven born Prince of Peace!
Hail the Sun of Righteousness!
Light and life to all He brings,
Risen with healing in His wings.
 Mild He lays His glory by,
Born that man no more may die,
Born to raise the sons of earth,
Born to give them second birth.
Hark, the herald angels sing,
"Glory to the newborn King."

Comments

  1. It was truly a great day with you all -- Pops & Mimi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autism Awareness Day

3 days in a row...

3 months ago today...