Reading

AC realized a long time ago that she can't read. I really had no idea how exactly to teach her. When I taught 2nd grade, they came to me already knowing how to read. She already knew her letters and sounds, so we tried sounding out words. We're still working on that. She has a fantastic memory so I decided to teach her some sight words. My mom had given me a couple little readers from when she taught 1st grade and we started with those. I bought some new ones too. Each little reader uses 2 new sight words. AC is really starting to get it! It's so fun to see reading "click". It's also neat to see her use reading strategies that I haven't even taught, like looking at the pictures or thinking of a word that starts with the first letter. She's not always right the first time, but she's getting there. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autism Awareness Day

3 days in a row...

3 months ago today...