Christmas card photo session

I love getting Christmas cards, especially the ones with photos. I enjoy seeing how families have changed over the past year, sometimes it's the addition of a child and most often it's how much bigger the children are (which usually makes me feel old!).
When Keith and I were first married, I managed to get him to agree to a picture card. For some reason, my husband is not a fan of getting his picture taken. He humored me for EK's first Christmas as well. I remember we had a family picture in front of the big Keller tree. The next year we had AC, so we decided to just do a picture of the girls. Keith didn't argue with that!
Every year I stress out a little about getting the "perfect" picture. I want their hair to look just right and their outfits to match. It requires some preparation on my part and usually before we even leave the house to go take pictures, I'm a wreck! Why is that? It certainly doesn't help the kids to be in a "festive" mood.
This year, I decided I wasn't going to stress. I wasn't concerned about getting a good one of all three kids together. I figured I'd take some but more than likely, I would just have a good picture of each child individually. (which is really a miracle in and of itself.) EK is a beautiful girl but to get a picture of her looking at the picture AND smiling is so difficult! Either she's smiling but looking off to the side or she's looking at the camera but not happy or I get the back of her head b/c she's running away! Thank goodness for digital cameras! :) AC was so good! She just kept a smile on her face the whole time. AK wasn't sad, but he wasn't willing to give up any smiles. Oh well! We get to try it again in a year! HA!
Here are a few pictures that didn't make the Christmas card:



(mental note: Do NOT have a baby wear overalls. They always creep up near their mouth!)


Smiling at Mimi (who came to help me keep up with all the kids)


AK not even looking at the camera...I think AC was trying to make him smile so he was looking at her. Oh well! :)


 AC standing tall like the Toy Soldier!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autism Awareness Day

3 days in a row...

3 months ago today...