My baby turns six today. That is so hard to believe! She is such a beautiful girl with gorgeous blue eyes and that sweet dimple on the left side of her mouth she's had since the day she was born. Her smile is contagious and when she starts giggling it makes my heart smile. It breaks my heart when she cries, especially when the crocodile tears flow. She loves being outside, loves her brother and sister, and enjoys going to school and church. This past year she has becomes less anxious in general. She transitioned so well to her new school in August and we can take her on errands. The hardest part is keeping up with her. You can't let go of her hand or she'll take advantage of her freedom. :)
I am praying daily for the Lord to heal her body and mind so that she can communicate with us again. It's been over 2 years since I've heard that sweet voice of hers. As her mama, I just want to be able to give her what she wants.
I feel very inadequate to be her mom. I wish I could devote all my attention to her, but I also think her siblings are good for her. EK has definitely changed me. I am not the same person I was before she came into my life, in a good way. The Lord has humbled me and made me realize I need his help daily. I pray that more than anything she knows she is loved, by us and her Heavenly Father.
happy birthday emma kate....
ReplyDeleteShe is a precious, precious girl. She is so blessed to have you as her mother. Isn't it a comfort to know that the Lord loves her even more than you? I know He gives you everything you need to take such good care of her. She's in good hands. Still praying with you for sweet EK.
ReplyDelete