6 months old!

Another month has gone by and we're now at the halfway mark! In just 6 months, my baby will be a year old! Oh my!!
AK is such a sweet boy. He continues to be such a fun addition to our family. It's hard to remember what life was like before he was here. (I do know I slept more, but he's worth it.)

AK sitting tall (new skill we're pretty good at)

He loves grabbing at his feet and pulling socks off.


He also thinks it's funny to stick out his tongue.

Nice and clean after a bath

Trying some sweet potatoes. I think they are a hit.

Riding in the wagon, being pulled by AC

Trying out the rocking chair.

All dressed up for church

Sweet blue eyes!

Enjoying some time outside during our mild winter.

Precious boy!

Happy baby!

This month:
*He is wearing some 6-9 month clothes, some 6-12 month clothes, and a few 9-12 month clothes.
*He is still wearing size 3 diapers.
*Not sure how much he weighs. My guess is a little over 20 pounds. We don't go back to the doctor until next month so I don't have an accurate number. He's definitely a healthy boy!
*He's rolling everywhere. About a week ago, I saw him roll from tummy to back for the first time. Before then, he'd get stuck and cry for someone to help him. Now, he can't be still. Stay tuned for a video. :)
*He can sit up pretty well. How does it happen so fast? A couple days ago, I was scared to move a food away while he was sitting up b/c he fell all the time. Today, he sat up for a good 10-15 minutes before falling over. This is one of my favorite stages. He's so happy to sit up and play with toys since he can see around his surroundings more. I love that I can get a few things done around the house.
*He loves his sisters. He squeals at them all the time, especially when he hasn't seen them in a while. He'll just stare at EK every afternoon when she comes home from school and smile at her. He "talks" to AC on the way home from picking her up from preschool.
*He's loving solids. He eat oatmeal or rice cereal. He also tried sweet potatoes on 2/20 and squash today (2/23). I'm doing only organic baby food this time around and may even try to make some of his food in the coming weeks. I imagine he'll be wanting table food before too long.
*Sleep...well, what can I say?...He's sleeping in his room every night. He's still sleeping in his bouncy seat which is in his crib. (He's had some congestion and a cough.) On a good night, he only wakes me up 2 times. Last night he slept from 9pm-midnight and then went back to sleep until 5am. I heard him at 6am but didn't go in to check on him. He fell back asleep after about 5 minutes. I think I may have to let him fuss a little at night. I am just so worried that he'll wake up EK. Guess I need to get over that...
*He is taking bottles pretty well. He has been with a couple babysitters this past month. Thankful that he's not too picky about how he gets his milk. :) He even had several bottles last Thursday while we were with EK at the children's hospital (see other post). Being away from him for almost 11 hours made me appreciate moms who work full-time and pump every day.

AK, what a sweet blessing you are! You are such a mama's boy right now and I'm trying to soak up every minute of it. I know one day it'll change. I am thankful the Lord saw fit to add you to our family. I am excited to see more of your personality in the coming days and weeks. I love you little one!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autism Awareness Day

3 days in a row...

3 months ago today...