EEG and MRI



We went to our local children's hospital last Thursday and Friday to do a 24 hour EEG and MRI. The main reason in doing this was to rule out Landeu Kleffner Syndrome and seizures occuring in her sleep. Some of you might remember that we tried to do a sleep-deprived EEG almost a year ago. That was a disaster. She was upset the entire time and came no where close to falling asleep.
I was quite nervous about staying in the hospital. I probably went through 10 different scenarios of how it would go and almost called to cancel the whole thing once or twice. I am thankful for the prayers of several dear family members and friends. EK did so much better than I could have hoped for. It was still hard, don't misunderstand me. But she didn't cry the whole time. She actually fell asleep that night (after calling the nurse's station at least a half dozen times...why would they put the buttons on the inside of a children's bed?) and slept all night. I am thankful Keith was willing to stay with her. I went home to spend the night with the other two. AK and I went back the next morning. By the time we parked the car, they had already taken EK back for the MRI. They were able to do it earlier than expected. Once that was done, we were home by lunchtime. We haven't gotten the official results yet, but the on-call neurologist didn't see anything that made him suspect LKS and no seizures were detected. We'll let you know when we hear the final word.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autism Awareness Day

3 days in a row...

3 months ago today...