A trip to the farm
AC's school had a field trip today to a farm in our town. I'm a little embarressed to say I had never been there. It's literally 5 minutes from our house. I know friends who have been and said great things about it, we just hadn't made an effort to go. Now, we can say we have been! And it was more than just going to the store. We got a tour.
The farm has lots of goats. Here is where they milk the goats. Each kid got a chance to milk a goat if they wanted too.
AK loved being outside! He was running all over the place. :)
Not a great picture, but AC is milking a goat.
AK was done standing in that small room. (He's a bit scared of animals.) So we walked around outside and pulled the wagon.
Homestead Farm has two big dogs who help protect the goats. They were the sweetest dogs and just let the kids love on them.
AK in the greenhouse. They use aquaponics to grow healthy plants/veggies.
We also went on a hayride around the rest of the farm. We got to see the beehives (from a safe distance), some acorn squash plants and the pigs. The kids loved being outside! I think we'll go back again before too long. :)
Comments
Post a Comment