Spring Break!

Last week was spring break. We didn't do much, which is nice in some ways. :) 


One evening we had dinner at a restaurant (which we RARELY do anymore). We went early so it wouldn't be crowded and ate quickly. EK did great! We left before she got upset. :) AK wasn't done with his taco so we took it home and he finished it there. ;)
On the way home we stopped at our neighborhood playground. You'd think we'd utilize this often, but we don't. It's too hard for me to keep an eye on EK and help AC and AK, if they need it. It's not fenced in and EK would wander off, if not kept close.




Love that AC is being a "big" sister and trying to get EK's legs in front so she can go down the slide. AC is a great helper. I know EK loves her!

Last Tuesday we drove up to Frisco. We never go that way anymore....crazy to think that I drove up there all the time when EK was little. I guess I had way more time on my hands. (For those not around the DFW metroplex, it takes about an hour to get there.) I've been talking with a mom who has a daughter like EK. In fact, next month we're going to a new doctor to see if EK has something other than autism. (More on that in an email to come!) I met the mom at Christmas time for a couple hours and chatted like we'd always known each other. She was about to have baby #4 so I said we'd come up to them so our girls could meet. Our girls didn't pay much attention to each other, but EK was upset the first half hour. She finally settled down and wandered the house. AC played with the younger sister who was her age and she LOVED holding the 8 week old baby. He was so sweet! AK was interested in him as well, but he's always been enamored with babies. :)
After meeting our new friends, we stopped by to see an old friend of mine who also lives in Frisco. My friend Meredith had a baby back in November and I hadn't met him yet. It was a baby-filled day! We had lunch there and visited for a few hours. It was really nice! Here's AC holding baby E! Such a cutie!


And here's my crazy boy playing a guitar....

On Thursday we had some company for dinner, another thing we rarely do. I really want to be more hospitable but it's hard with EK. I spent the day cleaning and getting dinner ready. It was hard to do with 3 kids in the house. It was a beautiful day and Keith suggested that they play in the backyard. EK loves being outside and once I filled the water table, AC and AK were excited to be outside too. After an hour or so, I went out to check on them (I had a window open so I could here them, just hadn't looked outside). Both AK and AC were SOAKING WET! I hadn't really planned on that since it wasn't that warm out. This shows how I have mellowed though...it didn't bother me b/c I knew they'd had lots of fun and I was able to get things done inside. :)

Here's a sweet pic of my boy! One of the boards on our fence fell down so I went around front and surprised them when they peeked through. AK thought it was hilarious that I was on the other side!!
While it was nice to have a week off (and be able to sleep in a little), I was happy to get back in routine on Monday! :)

Comments

  1. Your pictures look great! Looks like you are learning lots with that new camera.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autism Awareness Day

3 days in a row...

3 months ago today...