Gulf Shores trip, part 2

After our friends left on Sunday, we just hung out a little. Keith offered to keep EK and AK so I could take AC to a movie. Dolphin Tale 2 had just come out so I knew what AC would pick. She loved the first one! 

Monday was our last full day there so I thought we should do a few "local" things, rather than just stay at our condo and swim. There's a small zoo there and we decided to go that morning. (Alabama Gulf Coast Zoo) We love our Fort Worth Zoo. It's awesome, but this little zoo was neat in a different way. You could get much closer to the animals. They had several "encounters" that you could pay additional money for. We didn't do any of those but we saw others doing it.

Here are the kangaroos, just lounging. 

Here's an encounter with a baby tiger. WOW! I'm not brave enough to try that. They are wild animals after all, even if they have always been around people.

AK doesn't look so sure about standing so close to a goat. He needs to warm up if Keith's farm dream is to come true. :)

This crocodile is HUGE! You stand up on a platform to look down. I wish I'd taken a picture of the information b/c now I can't remember. He actually escaped during one of the hurricanes, but they found him. At first, we really though it might be fake b/c he was so large, but then he moved a little. ;)

Lots of pretty birds


There was a peacock walking around so I tried to get a picture of AC with it, but it wouldn't cooperate.

A minute later, I got a better picture of it, instead one with it grooming itself. :)

This pic shows my son's personality. It was getting hot and we had walked through the zoo, so this was the last stop before lunch.

Overall, it was a nice little outing. EK rode in a wagon and didn't complain once. The other two, especially AC, were ready to get out of the heat. While we're used to high temps in TX, we're NOT used to the humidity added to it. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 months ago today...

Autism Awareness Day

Anticipating Christmas