Life doesn't always go as planned...
I feel like this is more the rule than the exception sometimes. If you know me personally, you know I'm a typical first-born. I like to plan, have structure and a routine, and know what to expect and be prepared. I don't like sudden change, unless it's a good surprise. I'm not usually a "go-with-the-flow" type personality, although my children have taught me to be much more flexible. I'm not proud of it, but I get easily stressed and frustrated when things DON'T go according to how I thought they would/should.
All that to say, this past week has been full of changes. Keith had been dealing with gall bladder issues for over a year now. It got so bad last week that he finally decided to get it out. He went in Tuesday morning with the assumption that it would be outpatient and he'd be home that evening. The Lord had different plans. Tuesday morning was hard for me especially. Keith hadn't been sleeping well for about a week so I hadn't been sleeping well. I'm just more tired in general with this pregnancy (I guess my age and that it's #4). Tuesday morning I woke up at 3:30 and couldn't fall back to sleep. I had so many things on my mind and even though I prayed for the Lord to calm my nerves and anxiety, I didn't fall back asleep. Keith's parents went up for the surgery. It was supposed to start around 7:30 so I thought I'd hear something around 8:30-9:00. The waiting was torture. AC and I did schoolwork like a typical day, plus it kept my mind distracted. I also cleaned quite a bit. My mother in law finally called around 10:30 to say he was out of surgery but he wasn't going to be able to go home that day. I held it together, but then lost it after getting off the phone. Crazy pregnancy hormones! While I waited to be able to see Keith in recovery, I listened to Pandora on my phone (Keith and Kristyn Getty is my favorite station). The Lord used many of the songs to quiet my anxious heart and remind me of the greatness and goodness of our God. After a good night's sleep Tuesday night, I handled the rest of the week much better. He had another procedure on Wednesday afternoon that was successful.
Keith spent 4 days in the hospital and was able to come home last night. It's good to have him at home again, although I hope he is able to rest amid the chaos of three kids at home all day. :)
Thanks for all the prayers lifted to the Father on our behalf. They have really helped give me strength during this time and I know the Lord has answered the prayers for healing. He is doing much better today than when he went in on Tuesday morning. I am also so thankful for a hospital that was 5 minutes from the house and for inlaws and parents who were available to help keep the kids. The Facebook notes, texts,calls and cards have been such an encouragement. We are blessed with great family and friends!
All that to say, this past week has been full of changes. Keith had been dealing with gall bladder issues for over a year now. It got so bad last week that he finally decided to get it out. He went in Tuesday morning with the assumption that it would be outpatient and he'd be home that evening. The Lord had different plans. Tuesday morning was hard for me especially. Keith hadn't been sleeping well for about a week so I hadn't been sleeping well. I'm just more tired in general with this pregnancy (I guess my age and that it's #4). Tuesday morning I woke up at 3:30 and couldn't fall back to sleep. I had so many things on my mind and even though I prayed for the Lord to calm my nerves and anxiety, I didn't fall back asleep. Keith's parents went up for the surgery. It was supposed to start around 7:30 so I thought I'd hear something around 8:30-9:00. The waiting was torture. AC and I did schoolwork like a typical day, plus it kept my mind distracted. I also cleaned quite a bit. My mother in law finally called around 10:30 to say he was out of surgery but he wasn't going to be able to go home that day. I held it together, but then lost it after getting off the phone. Crazy pregnancy hormones! While I waited to be able to see Keith in recovery, I listened to Pandora on my phone (Keith and Kristyn Getty is my favorite station). The Lord used many of the songs to quiet my anxious heart and remind me of the greatness and goodness of our God. After a good night's sleep Tuesday night, I handled the rest of the week much better. He had another procedure on Wednesday afternoon that was successful.
Keith spent 4 days in the hospital and was able to come home last night. It's good to have him at home again, although I hope he is able to rest amid the chaos of three kids at home all day. :)
Thanks for all the prayers lifted to the Father on our behalf. They have really helped give me strength during this time and I know the Lord has answered the prayers for healing. He is doing much better today than when he went in on Tuesday morning. I am also so thankful for a hospital that was 5 minutes from the house and for inlaws and parents who were available to help keep the kids. The Facebook notes, texts,calls and cards have been such an encouragement. We are blessed with great family and friends!
Comments
Post a Comment