ABA evaluation on Friday...
After calling a couple places about ABA (applied behavior analysis) therapy, I decided to go with a place over in Irving called Brent Woodall Foundation. A good friend of mine takes her son there and has raved about it from the beginning. Last week, EK had a new friend join her class and the mom mentioned that he's doing ABA therapy at BWF too. I felt like that was even more confirmation from the Lord.
On Friday morning I'll take EK for her evaluation, to help them know how to create a program for her. She'll be there from 9-12. I know she's going to have lots of anxiety and will cry, but I'm hoping she'll work through the crying. I want them to see some of the things she's capable of. Sure, I could tell them what I've seen her do, but I think it'd make me feel better if she shows them.
If you think of it, please lift up EK on Friday morning, that God's peace would surround her and that she'd be willing to work for the therapist. You can pray for my nerves as well. I get nervous when I know she's going to be upset. I'll keep you posted!
On Friday morning I'll take EK for her evaluation, to help them know how to create a program for her. She'll be there from 9-12. I know she's going to have lots of anxiety and will cry, but I'm hoping she'll work through the crying. I want them to see some of the things she's capable of. Sure, I could tell them what I've seen her do, but I think it'd make me feel better if she shows them.
If you think of it, please lift up EK on Friday morning, that God's peace would surround her and that she'd be willing to work for the therapist. You can pray for my nerves as well. I get nervous when I know she's going to be upset. I'll keep you posted!
We'll be saying special prayers for our EK! :)
ReplyDeleteI placed EK on my calendar - we'll be praying for both of you, Melissa.
ReplyDeleteThanks for updating!! I was thinking about y'all and praying for you all day!!!
ReplyDelete