"Stay"cation
I've heard this term in the past year or so since the economy has been down. People are staying around home for vacations rather than going somewhere to save money. As much as I'd LOVE to get away and go somewhere fun, it's just not easy with EK. She doesn't enjoy herself and it's hard to have fun when she's upset.
Keith decided a couple weeks ago that he would take this week off. He rarely takes time off(although he's getting better at it as the girls get bigger). He even took Sunday off. Since we weren't going anywhere, I totally assumed he was preaching on Sunday morning. It wasn't until Saturday afternoon that I found out that he wasn't. Funny how two people can be on different pages, huh? It just didn't come up. Anyway, I think he's really enjoying his time off. He has been working on some things around the house and relaxing. Those of you married to a pastor or those who are pastor's kids know how hard they work. He truly deserves some down time and we're happy to have him around!!
Really, we're not doing much this week. EK has preschool in the mornings and she's had ABA therapy 2 days this week. EK will have speech therapy tomorrow afternoon. Friday afternoon we are going to attempt to get our family picture done for the church directory. I must admit that I've been dreading this for weeks. Sad, huh? For most families, this would be no big deal. Some families might even enjoy getting their picture taken. For a child with autism who has anxiety issues around strangers, this could be a bad situation. Worse case scenario: She cries the whole time on Friday and we have to submit a casual picture of our family for the directory. We'll do what we have to do. :) I've learned to go with the flow and not be disappointed when things don't go how I wish they would. Ok, honestly, I'm still working on that, but I do think I've improved a little. :)
Keith and I have a date night on Friday night and I'm REALLY looking forward to that! It's been a long time since we've had "couple" time. I'm sure it'll be the highlight of my week!
Keith decided a couple weeks ago that he would take this week off. He rarely takes time off(although he's getting better at it as the girls get bigger). He even took Sunday off. Since we weren't going anywhere, I totally assumed he was preaching on Sunday morning. It wasn't until Saturday afternoon that I found out that he wasn't. Funny how two people can be on different pages, huh? It just didn't come up. Anyway, I think he's really enjoying his time off. He has been working on some things around the house and relaxing. Those of you married to a pastor or those who are pastor's kids know how hard they work. He truly deserves some down time and we're happy to have him around!!
Really, we're not doing much this week. EK has preschool in the mornings and she's had ABA therapy 2 days this week. EK will have speech therapy tomorrow afternoon. Friday afternoon we are going to attempt to get our family picture done for the church directory. I must admit that I've been dreading this for weeks. Sad, huh? For most families, this would be no big deal. Some families might even enjoy getting their picture taken. For a child with autism who has anxiety issues around strangers, this could be a bad situation. Worse case scenario: She cries the whole time on Friday and we have to submit a casual picture of our family for the directory. We'll do what we have to do. :) I've learned to go with the flow and not be disappointed when things don't go how I wish they would. Ok, honestly, I'm still working on that, but I do think I've improved a little. :)
Keith and I have a date night on Friday night and I'm REALLY looking forward to that! It's been a long time since we've had "couple" time. I'm sure it'll be the highlight of my week!
Good for you guys, taking a stay-cation!!! Good ole' quality family time together for sure. Enjoy your date night, too. Sounds wonderful!
ReplyDeleteStay-cations are great! I hope that y'all have a great week together! :)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the date night!! And I'm sure you're not the only mama who dreads a family photo.
ReplyDeleteLove you!
Sarah
You have really learned to go with the flow over the last few years I have known you! Give yourself some credit! Hope date night was just the refreshment you both needed!
ReplyDelete