True Woman Conference '10
Wow!!! I had the privilege of attending most of the conference on Friday. (Thanks honey for watching the girls!) It was a precious time of spiritual renewal, encouragement, and conviction for me. Keith and Kristyn Getty led in worship. If you haven't heard of them, you must check them out! The Lord is using them in a mighty way. You may know some of the songs they have written, such as "In Christ Alone" and "The Power of the Cross".
Friday morning I was able to hear Kay Arthur speak. What a great teacher of the Bible she is! I pray that I'm that enthusiastic about my love for Jesus when I'm her age. :) I also had the opportunity to hear from Fern Nichols and Karen Loritts. Both shared things that ministered to my soul. I was truly blessed by the prayer time with my sweet friend Sarah. I am thankful for the time I got to spend with her!
The 2 breakout sessions that I attended were great! The first one was on mentoring women using the Titus 2 model. The Lord has convicted me lately that I need to be mentored by more mature women but I also need to be the one mentoring. I know a lot of younger women, but I'm not intentionally seeking them out to encourage them and pray for them. The second session was for pastor's wives. I really enjoyed that one as well. It was a blessing to hear from a couple PW who have been doing it a lot longer. Sometimes I struggle with feeling that I don't do as much as I think a pastor's wife should. I don't believe this is something the Lord is convicting me of, but something I place on myself. I strongly believe that my primary role right now is to be Keith's helpmate and to raise the 2 girls the Lord has entrusted to us. The 2 seasoned pastor's wives reminded me that there will be plenty of time later on to spend in ministry. I really needed to hear that!
Some of you might be reading this and are thinking this conference sounds great. It truly was! (and I was only able to go for part of it!) I think they only do it every other year but if it comes to Fort Worth again in '12, I'm going to talk it up so you'll know about the opportunity. :) I will post a link for you to read more about the conference and there are cd's/dvd's to purchase if a topic really interests you. I don't think you'd be disappointed!
True Woman Conference
Friday morning I was able to hear Kay Arthur speak. What a great teacher of the Bible she is! I pray that I'm that enthusiastic about my love for Jesus when I'm her age. :) I also had the opportunity to hear from Fern Nichols and Karen Loritts. Both shared things that ministered to my soul. I was truly blessed by the prayer time with my sweet friend Sarah. I am thankful for the time I got to spend with her!
The 2 breakout sessions that I attended were great! The first one was on mentoring women using the Titus 2 model. The Lord has convicted me lately that I need to be mentored by more mature women but I also need to be the one mentoring. I know a lot of younger women, but I'm not intentionally seeking them out to encourage them and pray for them. The second session was for pastor's wives. I really enjoyed that one as well. It was a blessing to hear from a couple PW who have been doing it a lot longer. Sometimes I struggle with feeling that I don't do as much as I think a pastor's wife should. I don't believe this is something the Lord is convicting me of, but something I place on myself. I strongly believe that my primary role right now is to be Keith's helpmate and to raise the 2 girls the Lord has entrusted to us. The 2 seasoned pastor's wives reminded me that there will be plenty of time later on to spend in ministry. I really needed to hear that!
Some of you might be reading this and are thinking this conference sounds great. It truly was! (and I was only able to go for part of it!) I think they only do it every other year but if it comes to Fort Worth again in '12, I'm going to talk it up so you'll know about the opportunity. :) I will post a link for you to read more about the conference and there are cd's/dvd's to purchase if a topic really interests you. I don't think you'd be disappointed!
True Woman Conference
The Gettys are among my faves ... so glad you got to go!
ReplyDelete