Love my EK!
Time is flying by so quickly! EK has been in school for almost 3 months. She is really happy there, from what I can tell. She gets to see Mimi (my mom) every day. She has three sweet teachers who are very kind and patient. Her teacher, Ms. Mandi, sends home a note each day to let me know how her day was. I really like to get a little glimpse of what she does for 7 hours each day. One thing that continues to impress me is that they eat lunch in the cafeteria. I can't believe that EK sits at the table with all the noise and chaos of lots of kids there. She doesn't eat as much as she would at home, probably b/c she's kid-watching, but she's happy to be there. I think eating at a restaurant might be successful in the near future. We did go to church last night for a church-wide meal. I know there were at least a couple hundred there last night and EK did great! We sat with my parents and my brother's family and I was able to eat my meal. :) Several people came over to our table to see Andrew and EK was ok with it.
We did the injections a couple weeks ago to try and correct her toe-walking. To be honest, I haven't seen any difference. Rather disappointing! We are supposed to stretch her feet during the day and I am having her wear her night splints at night. They usually only last a couple hours though. Either she wakes up b/c they are bothering her or while moving around in bed, her splint hits the wall to make a noise loud enough to wake her up. That's frustrating too! We'll keep trying....
Potty training...she is pretty consistent about going first thing in the morning. She usually wakes up dry too. She was going once at school for a couple weeks, but she hasn't done that lately. So hard to figure out why she does it sometimes and not other times.
She still loves riding the bus to and from school. She gets a big smile on her face every morning when she sees the bus turn the corner. The bus driver and aide are precious! They adore our little girl which makes it a lot easier to send her off each morning. :)
No real babbling lately. Another thing I wish I could figure out. If I could just get a glimpse of what she's thinking, it would help us help her. She still adores Andrew and thinks Aubrey is funny. Bedtime has been a little bit better lately. We're doing 2 mg of melatonin now and try to put her to bed around 7:30-7:45pm. We try to get her in bed before she's overtired and a meltdown occurs. That's hard on everyone!
Oh! Another big thing is that she has her first loose tooth!(the left middle one on the bottom) I noticed that her tooth had moved slightly. She let me touch it (and didn't bite me!). That's when I realized it's slightly loose. She doesn't really like me wiggling it and she won't wiggle it, so we'll see how long it takes to fall out. She's really growing up! Sniff-sniff!
Here's EK the other day after school. Ms. Colleen did her hair. :) So cute!
My beautiful EK!
I can't believe how big they are getting. EK has a great smile.
ReplyDelete