9 months old!

AK turned 9 months old this past Sunday. Someone said that day "These past 9 months have flown by a lot quicker than when you were pregnant, huh?" So true!!

It's so hard to get AK to be still enough to take a picture. I use toys to distract. :)

This is how our photo shoot began. Can you see the big tears? We had to take a break and then he was ready to go.



Seriously, always on the go!



What did you say sister?

Finally one where he's looking at mama!

See how many teeth he has? 7!!!

Starting some finger foods

He loves to play!

Proud of himself for getting one of AC's games

Sweet boy sleeping in his crib...I thought this day would never come...

Having fun crawling through the tunnel...especially when EK's cup is in there.

This isn't the best picture of him, but I love his reflection in the piano! :)


At 9 months, he weighs about 23 pounds. He is wearing 18 month clothes and size 4 diapers. I haven't bought him any shoes yet (Sad, I know!), but I would guess he's in a size 3. 
He nurses about every 3-4 hours and eats baby food 2 times a day. Usually a fruit around lunchtime and a vegetable around dinnertime. I just introduced some veggie puffs the other day. He loves them! I am trying to do EK's diet with him for right now, so that means he won't have gluten, dairy or egg. I've been dairy free while nursing him. I'm not sure that gluten or egg bother him, but I figure I'll introduce them slowly so I can see if there's a reaction. He has also been eating some of EK's pancakes and likes them! There really hasn't been anything that he's not liked. Good boy!
Sleep...well, he's been doing better lately. For several nights this past week he has only woken once in the night. Last night he slept from 9:30pm-5:30am. It was so nice to get a long stretch of sleep! Praying it continues. I switched his reflux med to the evening so I think that's been helping him sleep better. He takes 2 naps a day right now.
His personality is really showing lately. He is rough! He will tackle AC if she has something he wants. He also squeals if you take something away from him. In new situations, he's very quiet. He just watches the people around him for a bit until he gets comfortable. He gets very excited and laughs when he sees AC. I am thankful I can leave him with others. We had our babysitters last Friday night and he was good until it was time to go to bed. My mom watched him last week while AC, my dad and I went to the Ranger game. A family from church kept him (and AC)while Keith and I went to a funeral on Tuesday. He went to our neighbor's yesterday while I went to the dentist. Separation anxiety hasn't really been an issue yet. He's always VERY happy to see me, but he doesn't fuss too long when I leave.
He is always moving. I guess it's because we haven't had a crawler in 4 years, but he gets from one room to another so quickly. I will leave him in the living room and when I come back to check on him, he's crawled down to our playroom or into his bedroom. He keeps me on my toes!
He LOVES bathtime. He kicks his legs in the water and splashes himself. He thinks it's so fun. :)
He started babbling again the other day. While he was learning to crawl, he wasn't making as many noises. Now that he's got crawling down, he's working on his sounds again. We've heard a lot of "ga" and "ba" the past 2 days. Still no mama!
I am so thankful for the past 9 months! Can't believe he'll be a year old in just a few short months. I know this summer is going to fly by!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autism Awareness Day

3 days in a row...

3 months ago today...