1 year old!

Oh my! It really happened! A whole year has passed. CRAZY!! Stay tuned for cake pictures. We are combining AC's and AK's birthdays into one big family party next weekend. :)
 
Here's my big blue eyed boy!!

He LOVES to feed himself now and wants to eat what we're eating. He'll eat some baby food still (which I like b/c I can know how many calories he's getting), but he eats a lot of finger foods too.

Silly boy looking out the window instead of at Mama.

Paper is VERY interesting to this boy. Well, many things intrigue him. Curious is definitely a word I'd use to describe him.
 
"Oh, mom, you're still there with the camera" 



Being silly!


Laughing at Grandma and AC

This is how I get him to stay seated in his high chair. We have a wooden chair like you see at restaurants. Well, even being buckled, the boy could wiggle around and stand up. One time, he climbed up onto the table. Scared the living daylights out of me. I was just about to give up this highchair, but thought about sticking a pillow behind him. It works!! He now has NO wiggle room to get his legs out from under the buckle. For now, I am smarter than he is. Not sure how much longer that will last...

Cute, scrunchy smile! :)

At 12 months:
**You are wearing 18 months clothes and a size 4-5 shoe. (I rarely put shoes on him.)
**Eating: We just finished up nursing. I am proud to say that we made it to a year! I didn't accomplish that with your sisters. Instead of cow milk, you are drinking coconut milk. I am putting you on a strict gluten, dairy and egg free diet for now. Later, I will introduce one food group at a time to see if there are any ill-effects. Dairy always congested you when I consumed it. I see some similarities in EK and AK so I am trying to make intelligent decisions this time around. Just being cautious. I know it can't hurt you to not eat those foods. You LOVE to eat and EK loves to steal your food.Another good reason to have you two eating the same foods. (Although we are going through them quicker and the grocery bill is going up some.)
**Teeth: You just got three new teeth in the past week. You now have 10 teeth! The most recent teeth were your two top molars and your bottom left lateral incisor.
**Sleep: The past two nights you have slept ALL.NIGHT.LONG!! Praise the Lord! We are letting you cry a little because I know you're tired. You were up a few nights last week but I really think that was because you were cutting teeth.
**Getting around: You still mainly crawl to get where you want to go. You are so fast!! You are taking more steps though! It's fun to watch you concentrate on balancing and moving your feet. You'll get there soon enough! :) I am in no hurry. You are a climber too. You love the stairs in our new house and are really good about coming down safely. You have no fear, it seems. Mama really needs to keep a close eye on you!
**Play: If you hear a phone ring, you put your hand to your ear and say "OH". You love playing with Daddy's phone. He found some Elvis videos the other day and you watched for a good 10 minutes. You'd yell if one ended so Daddy would play another one. You love playing with cars and will make the "vroom" sound. You also really like playing with the barn and the animals. You like playing with any toy that AC doesn't want you to play with. ;)
**Words: You have a few sounds you make. When you really like something you say "oooh". You say "ga" for a lot of things. If you want me to look, you say "ga". If you want me to pick you up, you say "ga". If you want me to do something again, you say "ga". You say "da" every once in a while. You don't say "ma" yet. I imagine that will come soon. :)

Little man, you make me smile all the time. It is so fun watching your personality emerge. You have the BEST laugh! You have brought a lot of joy to our family. I can't remember what life was like before you came along. You are very curious and watchful of things going on around you. You are a little shy around people at first, but warm up quickly. You are so strong already. You are kind and sweet most of the time. Every once in a while, your sin nature shows and you'll get upset when things don't go your way. I am already praying for your salvation and that you will become a mighty man of faith! Love you son!
**

Comments

  1. precious melissa...he reminds me more of ek than ak but still a combo...he is precious, just like a mamma's boy should be....
    so happy your summer was good....miss you still....love pam

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autism Awareness Day

3 days in a row...

3 months ago today...