EK's first day of school

Last night, I was trying to make sure I had everything in order. I wanted to have EK's lunch and drink ready to put in her backpack, I had her clothes and shoes laid out. I knew where the water  bottle, hair brush and rubberbands were. I had her bag of pull-ups and wipes by the door. We had her in bed by 8pm last night and she slept until I had to wake her up at 6:20am. The bus driver called over the weekend to say he'd be there around 7am! Normally, Keith and I tag team to get her ready. It really helps to have an extra set of hands, especially if AK decides to wake up in the middle of our routine. :) I was on my own this morning though. (Keith has an accountability group with several guys at 6am on Mondays.) I was a little nervous about getting back into our routine, but I'm proud to say "We did it!" EK ate all her breakfast. Before getting dressed, I sat her on the potty and she went!! (As a side note, I was really bad about consistently sitting her. We are starting back with routine!) She didn't fuss too much as I got her dressed and did her hair. She even let me take a couple pictures. :) We went out a little before 7am and waited and waited. It didn't come until 7:20ish, but thankfully she was happy the whole time. The only "bump" is that I realized I didn't put an extra set of clothes in her bag. I didn't want to upset her by going back into the house. Hopefully she didn't need something to change into. If her day went like our morning, it'll be a great start to her year!  
 

Ready for the bus to come ! Look at that grin!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 months ago today...

Autism Awareness Day

Anticipating Christmas