A little getaway
Keith is serving on the executive board for the SBTC (Southern Baptist of Texas Convention). They had their annual board meeting earlier this week in Galveston and I was able to go with him. :)
We are very thankful that both our parents were willing to help take care of the kids. I can't remember the last time Keith and I took a road trip without kids. It was so nice to have uninterrupted conversations and just enjoy the ride. We got to our hotel around 4 and had time to relax before meetings others for dinner. This was our view from our hotel room.
After a nice dinner, we were able to spend some time with Keith's long-time friend and his wife. I don't stay up past 10 anymore, so it was a late night for me. I was thankful we didn't have to get up too early Tuesday morning.
We split up after breakfast . He headed to his meeting and I went with the other pastor's wives to tour Galveston. We saw a lot of the city and learned it's history. We also toured the Moody Mansion, before heading to lunch. We sat on the patio for lunch and saw some dolphins! I really enjoyed getting to know some new ladies. Our husbands run into each other much more often that I run into other pastor's wives. After lunch, I stopped to get some souvenirs for the kids. (That's how AC let me go....knowing she'd get a surprise when I returned home!) We left Galveston around 3pm and got home before AK and AC were in bed. As much as it was good to get away, it was great to hug my babies!
This mama is rested up for a while! Thanks Mimi and Pops & Grandma and PaPaw for your help!

Comments
Post a Comment