New preschool...
Thursday morning we visited EK's new preschool. They had Meet the Teacher that evening, but I thought it would be a disaster to take her there with lots of other people there. After all, she couldn't handle going to Target Tuesday morning. :)
We had visited the school playground 3 times before Thursday so when we pulled up to the school, AC started yelling "I see it. I see the playground." She's got good eyes. ;)
I got out the double stroller and loaded it up with the girls and EK's supplies. We got to the room (which looks great!) and EK got pretty upset. I think she thought I was going to leave her. I also think she was confused to see Ms. Colleen at a new place. After a few minutes of crying and falling on the floor, Ms. Sharla thought it'd be a good idea for all the teachers to leave so that EK could explore. She did calm down and looked around. (AC was exploring the whole time too...finding the barn and animals, a baby doll, some blocks, etc.) Ms. Sharla came back in and EK got upset again. However, EK would look at her to see if she was paying attention to her. By the end of our visit, she was a little more comfortable, but still anxious. She would play for a few minutes and then start crying again. I'm just praying that she'll adjust quickly and realize that these ladies love and care about her.
I'll be taking her to preschool on Monday at 8am! Pray for us, if it comes across your mind.
We had visited the school playground 3 times before Thursday so when we pulled up to the school, AC started yelling "I see it. I see the playground." She's got good eyes. ;)
I got out the double stroller and loaded it up with the girls and EK's supplies. We got to the room (which looks great!) and EK got pretty upset. I think she thought I was going to leave her. I also think she was confused to see Ms. Colleen at a new place. After a few minutes of crying and falling on the floor, Ms. Sharla thought it'd be a good idea for all the teachers to leave so that EK could explore. She did calm down and looked around. (AC was exploring the whole time too...finding the barn and animals, a baby doll, some blocks, etc.) Ms. Sharla came back in and EK got upset again. However, EK would look at her to see if she was paying attention to her. By the end of our visit, she was a little more comfortable, but still anxious. She would play for a few minutes and then start crying again. I'm just praying that she'll adjust quickly and realize that these ladies love and care about her.
I'll be taking her to preschool on Monday at 8am! Pray for us, if it comes across your mind.
Hey sweet sister! Matt and I just prayed for EK for Monday.
ReplyDeleteLove you!
Sarah
I'm praying for you and EK! May God give both of you peace during this new school year.
ReplyDeleteI know that God has hand picked the very best teachers for EK. She is going to have a great year - I just know it!
ReplyDeleteI hope that today was a wonderful start to the year! We are praying for a good report. :)