School Playground

I've been wondering how I should prepare EK for preschool on the 24th. It's a new elementary school and 2 new teachers. The 3rd teacher is one she knows from PGE. I hate to just drop her off at 8am the first day and drive off. However, I've also wondered if I should keep preschool "mommy-free" so that she doesn't expect that I should be there. We saw Ms. Sharla at church on Sunday. She suggested that we visit her school playground a couple times before the first day of school to get her familiar. We went yesterday morning and again this morning. Ms. Sharla met us out there today. It was great to let her know some things about my sweet girl and to get some great ideas from her. I am SO thankful for a godly woman who's heart is for kids with autism. Not many teachers will give up an hour to stand outside in the heat when they could be working in their classroom. I am really excited about this coming school year!

Here are some pictures of the girls at the playground. AC LOVED it immediately and EK enjoyed it after warming up after 20 minutes. Just how my girls are! :)





Comments

  1. How sweet of her - and what a great idea! :) How is potty training going with AC?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good! She's still into it! Yeah! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autism Awareness Day

3 days in a row...

3 months ago today...