3rd week of school: done!
I know I'll lose track of what week we're on eventually, but I can't believe we've already completed 3 weeks! :)
Have I mentioned how thankful we are to have her same teacher from last year? ;) I am just thrilled that EK and Ms. Sharla can pick up where they left off in May and build on that. Every day I'm reminded what an answer to prayer it is to have Ms. Sharla in EK's life. There are a lot of things to work on this year, but I'm amazed at how quickly EK has gotten back into the routine. It's also amazing to me that it's a different routine and school and she is ok with it. Every day, her small class of 3 students combines with a slightly bigger class to have PE or music class. EK is doing so well in these bigger groups. Last year, she probably would've cried the whole time b/c it was a new situation and there were new people (especially teachers). This year not only is she happy, but with teacher help, she's participating.
We are continuing to hear some babbles. Within the past week, we've heard these sounds: ma, me, na, be, da, oy, ya, p, w, g, i. Still no real words, but it's exciting to hear sounds we haven't heard in months. We keep praying for words to come!
Keith took EK to therapy on Friday morning. (I'm thankful he is willing to do this on his day off.) On the way there, he was singing the alphabet song. He said that he paused after "o", and EK said, "p,p,p"and laughed. I guess it could be completely coincidental, but I think it gives us a glimmer of hope that she has been listening, even when she wasn't talking and that she remembers things from before she quit talking.
Have I mentioned how thankful we are to have her same teacher from last year? ;) I am just thrilled that EK and Ms. Sharla can pick up where they left off in May and build on that. Every day I'm reminded what an answer to prayer it is to have Ms. Sharla in EK's life. There are a lot of things to work on this year, but I'm amazed at how quickly EK has gotten back into the routine. It's also amazing to me that it's a different routine and school and she is ok with it. Every day, her small class of 3 students combines with a slightly bigger class to have PE or music class. EK is doing so well in these bigger groups. Last year, she probably would've cried the whole time b/c it was a new situation and there were new people (especially teachers). This year not only is she happy, but with teacher help, she's participating.
We are continuing to hear some babbles. Within the past week, we've heard these sounds: ma, me, na, be, da, oy, ya, p, w, g, i. Still no real words, but it's exciting to hear sounds we haven't heard in months. We keep praying for words to come!
Keith took EK to therapy on Friday morning. (I'm thankful he is willing to do this on his day off.) On the way there, he was singing the alphabet song. He said that he paused after "o", and EK said, "p,p,p"and laughed. I guess it could be completely coincidental, but I think it gives us a glimmer of hope that she has been listening, even when she wasn't talking and that she remembers things from before she quit talking.
Praise God for answered prayers and encouraging news! Hope you're doing well! We love you and pray for you often.
ReplyDelete