EK made my heart smile!
This sweet story happened on Wednesday. Just haven't had time to write it down yet...
When we go to pick up EK from school, I park and walk up for a couple reasons. AC likes to get out of the car and walk and I get to chat with Ms. Sharla for a minute to see how EK's day was. :) AC stayed home with Grandma and PaPaw on Wednesday since they had just come in town for a quick visit, so I was alone to get EK. On this particular day, I parked as usual and had to wait at the crosswalk while the pick-up line moved up. Every day, EK waits right inside the lobby with the other kids. They sit by the window so we can see her before she comes out. Ms. Sharla usually prompts her to say "mama" or "hi" to us and then she brings her to us. On Wednesday, Ms. Sharla came out with the biggest grin. She said that EK said "mama" all by herself and banged on the window before Ms. Sharla even saw me. I guess she saw me standing at the crosswalk! :) It made my heart smile for sure!! Praying this becomes a regular thing and more words follow! EK continues to babble and make different sounds. Sometimes I'll be sitting face to face with her and she'll babble something and smile. It's like she wants to communicate. That's a big thing b/c even a couple months ago, it seemed she didn't care to.
Thanks for all the prayers that have been lifted on this specific request! To God be the glory for the progress we've seen!
When we go to pick up EK from school, I park and walk up for a couple reasons. AC likes to get out of the car and walk and I get to chat with Ms. Sharla for a minute to see how EK's day was. :) AC stayed home with Grandma and PaPaw on Wednesday since they had just come in town for a quick visit, so I was alone to get EK. On this particular day, I parked as usual and had to wait at the crosswalk while the pick-up line moved up. Every day, EK waits right inside the lobby with the other kids. They sit by the window so we can see her before she comes out. Ms. Sharla usually prompts her to say "mama" or "hi" to us and then she brings her to us. On Wednesday, Ms. Sharla came out with the biggest grin. She said that EK said "mama" all by herself and banged on the window before Ms. Sharla even saw me. I guess she saw me standing at the crosswalk! :) It made my heart smile for sure!! Praying this becomes a regular thing and more words follow! EK continues to babble and make different sounds. Sometimes I'll be sitting face to face with her and she'll babble something and smile. It's like she wants to communicate. That's a big thing b/c even a couple months ago, it seemed she didn't care to.
Thanks for all the prayers that have been lifted on this specific request! To God be the glory for the progress we've seen!
What a wonderful momma moment!!! Makes my heart smile too. That EK is working so hard and is so precious. I am so happy you guys are seeing her progress. Those babbles are such sweet sweet sounds. Go EK!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm crying for you!!!!! I knew she was close from her last "mama" story - PRAISE GOD!!! I can't wait until YOU get to hear those precious words from her sweet lips!!!
ReplyDeleteGiving thanks for that! God is good.
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited to hear how God's answering prayers! I loved the pumpkin patch pictures too! We love you guys!
ReplyDelete