a little blessing

I dropped EK off at preschool a little while ago. She's walking in now with Ms. Sharla rather than riding in the wagon. I think I mentioned a couple weeks ago that she was falling to her knees a lot... a non-verbal way to protest. Today I got EK out of the car and Ms. Sharla modeled "bye-bye mommy". Then EK turned and walked in with Ms. Sharla.
This is so little for most, but so big for EK. Last year, drop-off was a dreadful thing. She got so upset b/c she was leaving me. I knew she settled down soon after she was inside, but it was still hard leaving her like that.
The fact that Ms. Sharla verbally acknowledged the fact that she was leaving me and EK didn't cry or fuss at all is wonderful!!! I know she is so happy during the school hours...it's so nice seeing that as she's going into school too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autism Awareness Day

3 days in a row...

3 months ago today...