Grampa's 90th Birthday!
My grandparents came to TX last Saturday so we could celebrate my Grampa's 90th birthday! I was excited to see them (it had been over 2 years since they'd last been here), but I was also very aware of how different EK is now compared to their last visit. The last time they were here EK was 2 1/2, talking, interacting, playing, etc. I have a picture of EK and my Grama playing together at the piano. My grama remembers her saying "I'm so happy!" when she saw them.
I also wasn't sure how much time I'd have to spend with them. Our schedule is pretty full and I figured EK would cry the whole visit if she was with me. There's only so much others can endure. EK didn't have school Monday afternoon, so I took both girls with me. EK cried for the first 10 minutes or so and then settled down. She got upset again for a few minutes when my grampa came out from his nap. Otherwise, she did really well. Obviously, she didn't really interact with them, but she would look at them and smile. :)
These first 2 pictures were taken Tuesday afternoon when AC and I went to visit with G/G while EK was at preschool. AC loved playing games with them and telling them stories!


Friday night we had a family dinner at my parents house. EK did SO well!!! Seriously, she was very happy the whole evening. She didn't cling to me, like she sometimes does. She didn't even care if I was in the same room as she was. She played catch (sort of) with Uncle Steven before dinner. It was truly a blessing to be able to enjoy some time with my grandparents!
I also wasn't sure how much time I'd have to spend with them. Our schedule is pretty full and I figured EK would cry the whole visit if she was with me. There's only so much others can endure. EK didn't have school Monday afternoon, so I took both girls with me. EK cried for the first 10 minutes or so and then settled down. She got upset again for a few minutes when my grampa came out from his nap. Otherwise, she did really well. Obviously, she didn't really interact with them, but she would look at them and smile. :)
These first 2 pictures were taken Tuesday afternoon when AC and I went to visit with G/G while EK was at preschool. AC loved playing games with them and telling them stories!
Friday night we had a family dinner at my parents house. EK did SO well!!! Seriously, she was very happy the whole evening. She didn't cling to me, like she sometimes does. She didn't even care if I was in the same room as she was. She played catch (sort of) with Uncle Steven before dinner. It was truly a blessing to be able to enjoy some time with my grandparents!
yeah...it seems like school is helping ek with all the socialization stuff....she was good for you while visiting and i am so happy for that....little steps and good progress....and i am happy you got to spend time with your grandparents....:)
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful blessing from the Lord. I am green with envy that you have grandparents living too!!! Loved getting to see the pictures.
ReplyDelete