What a blessing!

Thanks for your prayers! We were truly blessed this weekend. We left early in the morning to get out to the camp for breakfast. It was a beautiful place! Amazing what being in the country for a little bit does for your soul. :) There were seven families there, including us. The size was perfect as we were really able to get to know each family. I'm sad that we didn't have more time to spend with them!
We did 4 different sessions. We talked about our journey with EK. Keith shared what the Bible has to say about suffering and bearing each others' burdens. He gave ideas on how to implement a special needs ministry at church. I talked a little about the myth of normalcy and what to do after a diagnosis. We left quite a bit of time for questions and discussion.
I'm so glad we were given the opportunity to do this. It was good for us to organize our thoughts and tell others where we are in this journey. I am always amazed at what a good teacher Keith is. He makes some difficult truths much easier to understand (not that it's easy to put into practice!). I heard him share things we hadn't talked about so it was sweet to hear his heart. :) It was also good to be reminded that we aren't the only ones hurting. Sometimes it's easy for me to get so focused on our situation that I start to have a pity party for myself and forget that MANY others are suffering around me. Maybe they aren't dealing with autism, (although lots of families are since the stats are 1 in 110 kids fall somewhere on the autism spectrum) but there is a lot of pain and suffering in this world. Cancer, infertility, divorce, miscarriage, losing a loved one (just to name a few) all occur because of the fallen world we live in. My hope lies in the fact that one day God will make all things right. This present world is not our home and the trials right now make me long for Heaven more.
Wow...I feel like I'm rambling a bit now. Perhaps the lack of sleep last night is affecting me! (Both girls had trouble sleeping last night AND were up at 6:30 this morning!) Just wanted to write a quick note so you knew how yesterday went. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 months ago today...

Autism Awareness Day

Anticipating Christmas