ESY and VBS!!!

Wow, what a week! EK started ESY on Monday. Like I mentioned before, she has the same teacher as last summer, Ms. Jen. Ms. Sharla went up on Monday to show Ms. Jen the morning routine. I think that Ms. Jen really appreciated it! :)

Each day I picked EK up, Ms. Jen said it'd been a better day, until Thursday. Maybe she was worn out from a busy week? I'm really thankful that EK seems to be transitioning much better this summer. I don't know if it's maturity, the fact that she's at ERE, the fact that she's with her friends, or if she remembers Ms. Jen from last summer. Perhaps it's a mix! Regardless, I'm happy that after a couple days of ESY, EK is getting into a routine. She's showing Ms. Jen what she's capable of and not just crying/throwing a fit to escape the situation. YEAH!!!

AC and I had VBS on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday morning. She was very excited to go the first day! I'm not sure what she was expecting, but I think it wore her out. She came home and took a 3 1/2 hour nap! I worked with 3rd graders and we had a great bunch! I love VBS and I'm sure I'll be singing the songs for weeks to come! :)

Thanks for all the prayers lifted for EK this past week! She'll have school again next week. Then she'll have 2 weeks off before she starts again. We'll continue to have ABA and speech/occupational therapy throughout the summer as well! It may seem like a lot but it's good to keep EK involved and interacting as much as possible. More updates to come...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autism Awareness Day

3 days in a row...

3 months ago today...