School's out! (for a week)
EK with Ms. Colleen on the last day of school! (This is the teacher she had last year at PGE.)


EK with Ms. Cecilia

EK with Ms. Sharla




EK with Ms. Sharla

EK's last day of school was Friday. This year flew by! So many little accomplishments, some big ones. Compliance was the big accomplishment this year. Ms. Sharla got her to do tasks without throwing a fit or actually throwing the object. (She still tries to throw things when she's not in the mood to work with me, but if I follow through and make her, she ends up doing it.) Another huge accomplishment was morning drop-off. I wish I had a picture of the last day of school compared with the first couple weeks...Friday morning she happily ran off with Ms. Colleen into the building. It's so much easier leaving her that way! :) I wish I could report that EK has started talking again, but that hasn't happened yet. I pray each and every day that the Lord will give her the ability to speak again. I would love to know what goes on in that mind of her, especially when she starts crying for (what seems like) no reason.
We have this next week off and then she'll start ESY (extended school year) the following week. Like I mentioned before, she'll have different teachers but she should be with her friends AND it's going to be at her home campus (ERE). Last year, it was at a different school. We'll be spoiled to have such a quick drive to school in the mornings. It also starts a half hour later, so that will be nice to not be so rushed. :)
On Wednesday, EK had Water Day. Their 4th grade buddies came to play too. I wasn't sure what to expect from EK. I was a little surprised to see we were out there with 3 Kindergarten classes. There was lots of room outside, but it was a little crowded at some stations. EK enjoyed the slip-and-slide and the wading pool the most. After an hour, she was ready to go in and have a snack. :) A girl after her mama's heart! ;)



**Another sweet story....I got to the school around 8:30 after dropping AC off at a friend's house. EK was sitting on her scooter being pulled by her 4th grade buddy Gavin. When she saw me, her eyes lit up and she came over to me. Within a few minutes, she was back over with Gavin riding on the scooter. This is just proof on how comfortable she is at school. I really expected her to cling to me once I was there. I was so happy to see her interacting with her buddy, even with me there! :)
Comments
Post a Comment