Weekend in Chicago Part I

Alright, I'll just warn you that I have a few more pictures than I normally post and NONE are of the girls. ;)

I got in Friday afternoon and was able to experience Chicago's L and bus system. It took us a little longer to get to the hotel but we finally made it and had a little time to relax before dinner that evening. Phillip and Meredith invited everyone (family and friends) to a dinner Friday night. We had chicago style pizza...YUMMY! Afterward, a couple of us spent time with Meredith, trying to help her pack for her 2 week honeymoon to ITALY. (Wow! I'm a little jealous!) We left her around 11:30pm and took a cab back to our hotel. I roomed with one of Meredith's college roommates and we stayed up chatting until 1am. I can't remember the last time I stayed up that late, just talking.

We really didn't sleep in too much on Saturday morning because we wanted to see some sights before the wedding that afternoon. We had breakfast at the West Egg Cafe with my parents. Then we went to this place....Garrett's popcorn. You could smell the popcorn before you got to the store! Several people had mentioned that I HAD to get some Garrett's popcorn. It did not disappoint. :)


After walking around a little, Jen and I decided we wanted to ride one of the double decker buses so we could see the most of Chicago in the small amount of time. :)

Sears Tower




4th Presbyterian Church where some of "My Best Friend's Wedding" was filmed.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autism Awareness Day

3 days in a row...

3 months ago today...