ESY starts tomorrow

EK goes back to school tomorrow. ESY stands for extended school year. They only offer it to kids who are in special education, like STACC (autism program) and Lifeskills (kids with disabilities). There are a couple ways I've already seen the hand of God in ESY. I had heard a couple weeks before that ESY would be at WRE. The last day of school a note was sent home saying the campus had changed to our home campus, ERE. That means that EK will know she's going to school when I drop her off. Mind you, it will be a different room (a couple doors down from the room she was in all year long) and different teachers, but at least she's comfortable with the school and playground. Her classmates with be with her, which should help calm EK, despite having different teachers. I also found out that EK's teacher is the same one from last summer. This lady is precious! I'm really excited for EK to have her again. It'll be interesting to see if EK remembers her. I think I mentioned a couple months ago that her ESY teacher and family visited our church on Easter Sunday. She looked at them with a look like "I know you from somewhere." Ms. Jen's (her ESY teacher) husband worked at ESY last year as well with another class. EK fondly referred to him as "Coachy". She really got excited when she saw him. I would LOVE for her to call him that again!
Another reason I love Ms. Sharla...Ms. Sharla is going to be at ESY the first day to show Ms. Jen the schedule/routine/how the kids come in/etc. What teacher gives up a day of her summer break to help out? I'm constantly blown away by her kindness and love for our kids. She's amazing and I pray every day that EK will be blessed to be with Ms. Sharla next year!
Pray for EK this week as she adjusts to ESY, that she will cooperate with Ms. Jen and enjoy her time there!

Comments

  1. Oh, I'm so glad that EK will be at her regular school! What a blessing! Ms. Sharla does sound like quite a gem. I'm so thankful that she goes above and beyond to take care of EK. We'll be saying prayers for a smooth adjustment this week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autism Awareness Day

3 days in a row...

3 months ago today...