3 isn't all it's cracked up to be
We had told AC for several months that when she turned 3, there would be no more pacifier. I knew it was going to be hard for her to give up, but I thought it might be easier if we talked about it before just taking it away.
Since her birthday was yesterday, we stayed true to our word. I took the pacifier out of her bed while she was doing something else. I certainly wasn't going to take it away in front of her. She probably would've tackled me to pry it from my hands.
The girl misses her pacifier, to put it mildly. She slept HORRIBLY last night after getting herself worked up. Hopefully tonight will be a little easier.
Here's what AC told me last night before bed while crying:
AC: I don't want to be three. I still want to be two. I want my paci!!
Me: If you're not three, you'll have to give back your presents. That would be so sad!
AC: I don't care! I want my paci!
Can you tell we have a drama queen on our hands??
Since her birthday was yesterday, we stayed true to our word. I took the pacifier out of her bed while she was doing something else. I certainly wasn't going to take it away in front of her. She probably would've tackled me to pry it from my hands.
The girl misses her pacifier, to put it mildly. She slept HORRIBLY last night after getting herself worked up. Hopefully tonight will be a little easier.
Here's what AC told me last night before bed while crying:
AC: I don't want to be three. I still want to be two. I want my paci!!
Me: If you're not three, you'll have to give back your presents. That would be so sad!
AC: I don't care! I want my paci!
Can you tell we have a drama queen on our hands??
Paci withdrawals.... good times. ;)
ReplyDeleteWith Clayton it only took a couple of days and then he was back to his usual sleep pattern. The first day was the hardest, and then it just got easier each day. Hang in there!
I LOVED 3! That was seriously one of my very favorite ages. I can't wait to hear what AC's little 3 year old mind comes up with! :)
poor....baby aubrey....when i took my aubrey's paci away....i promised her a slurpee each time she went to bed without crying....we had a week of 3 slurpee's a day ( she still took a morning and afternoon nap)....but it worked and after a week or so she forgot about the paci and the slurpee's!!!
ReplyDelete4th night is so much better than the first...but she still talked about how she misses her paci and wants it back! Who knows how long we'll be talking about the paci?!
ReplyDelete