Adventure #2
Today we drove to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. It took about 3 hours from where we are. It was hard to be in the car for 6 hours today, but I didn't want to add to our trip going home. (We already have 10 hour days on the road.) The weather was perfect and the scenery was breathtaking. Keith has been to the South Rim before. I think that's the one that most people go to b/c it's closer to the interstate. While our kids didn't completely appreciate the grandeur of the canyons (and honestly scared me a couple times), I'm so glad we went. Hopefully we can go back when they are a little older.
My girls and me
My boys
AC was glad to go into the lodge where it was cooler.
We borrowed a stroller for AK and AC insisted on holding on to EK. What would I do without my AC?? She is a little mother's helper in so many ways! (And EK loves it!)
We ate lunch at the Grand Canyon Lodge deli. When paying for our food, the man suggested we check out Point Imperial. I'm glad he mentioned it! It was beautiful and didn't require any hiking to get to it. :)
It was so neat! I wish I had had more time to soak it all in and not worry about if AK was climbing on something he shouldn't have.
When we entered the park, the park attendant handed us a brochure about the Grand Canyon. As I flipped through it, it explained about how different parts formed millions of years ago. This really bothered me, but also didn't surprise me. Many people believe that the earth is millions of year old, based on what most science textbooks teach us. However, about 14 years ago, I discovered that it can't be that old, if I truly believe the Bible when it says that God created the Earth in six days. As a christian, I believe that the Bible is the Word of God and without error. I always believed that God literally created the world in six days and rested on the seventh, but never did the math. Maybe you've never thought about it. If you believe that God literally created the earth in six days, then the earth is only thousands of years old. Have I totally confused you?
Here's an article to read if you're interested from Answers in Genesis. It's a great site to bookmark.
Comments
Post a Comment