Our time in Utah

I cannot believe this month is almost over. There are times some days have dragged on, but overall, it's gone by quickly. Keith has gotten a lot written and is excited about what he's doing. That was our main goal for this month so I would say it's been a success.
We have had lots of fun with our friends here. This is a family-friendly town. Parks and playgrounds are abounding (although the 100+ degree temps make me want to stay inside) and there are even some free splash pads. (We visited two.) Hope has helped me keep up with my kids. EK will slip away quickly, if you don't keep your eye on her every couple seconds.AK is a little easier now. He's following directions and tries to keep up with the bigger kids. Unless he decides to throw a huge fit b/c he doesn't get his way, he's a been pretty good. AC has had a blast with the Waldrop boys and she enjoyed when their girl cousins were here a few days last week too.
I'm not going to lie and say it's been easy for me. I love my kids but it's been a lot more work to be here. (And I think this condo is getting smaller.) Being away has made me realize how much support I have at home. My parents, Keith's parents, EK's summer school, friends who are willing to help out whenever I need them, babysitters, etc all are a tremendous blessing. Keith is a great dad and always willing to lend a helping hand. However, I have tried to do it mostly on my own because I know he has work to get done. When we are home, I usually get a little break on Friday or Saturday (his days off). Even if it's just running a couple errands by myself, it's a needed and appreciated break. Here, our schedule has been different. He's working during the week and Saturdays we are off on an adventure. Family time has been a blessing. My husband loves to explore new places, especially God's creation. We don't normally do things like this back in Texas. (We also don't have the Grand Canyon just a few hours away!) but this mama needs just a couple hours of alone time. Sometimes I feel guilty about it. I don't like admitting that I need a break. I know it makes me a much better mama the rest of the week, though.
I am grateful that we had this time away though and thankful that our church allowed Keith to get away to devote time to writing. This month has challenged me, but that's always good. Just when I would start having a pity party on how hard things were, the Lord would remind me of friends I know who are going through much harder things right now. I am thankful for God's gentle reminders to trust in Him and rely on His strength. I can't be a good mom to my three kids unless I look to Him for wisdom and guidance. There is no way I can do it well on my own and that's a good thing for me to understand. It's only by His grace!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 months ago today...

Autism Awareness Day

Anticipating Christmas