Activities to hopefully keep AK busy...
I had training for AC's school last week. I am really excited about this school year. I know she's going to love her teacher and she already knows 3 of the kids in her class. We went to her class meeting on Saturday to meet her teacher, drop off supplies and learn a little more about how the Kindergarten (or K-2 as they call it) day will go.
I have a few more days to organize things before she starts on the 19th, so I have been looking for ideas of things to do with AK. I know that I have to keep him busy or he'll get himself into trouble. ;)
Here are a few ideas I found and am working on:
Toddler activities : My favorite ideas on here are #19 and #23. #19 has you add magnetic tape to pom-poms, put them on a cookie sheet and have the child practice their pincer grasp in removing the pom-poms. #23 just has magnets on a cookie sheet which I think AK would love. I found a cookie sheet at the $1 store and will make the pom-poms this week. We already have some alphabet magnets.
*gluten free playdough (since he's gf)
*duplo blocks (need to buy)
*one or two water bottles that have glitter and some other small things in them. I used to have them in my class (but I put in some dice so the kids could add) and my 2nd graders loved the bottles. I might just put die in them so AC can use them too. AK won't mind, I'm sure. He'll just have fun shaking it.
*I might make a sensory bin with rice and/or beans but I'm nervous about the mess. Any ideas on how to keep in mess-free without taking it outside?
Fine motor activities : This site has several good ideas to help AK increase his fine motor abilities.
I do want to work on colors and shapes with him this year. I thought about making small bins that are sorted by color. After he starts to learn colors, I could give him sort different colored items.
More toddler activities : I love the "Brown bear, brown bear" head and tail puzzles. I also like the velcro idea. I used to do this with EK and might have her work on this again. She loved to pull them off. You have to have a good grasp on the object in order to pull it off. Something she doesn't always like to do.
great place to find activities for your tot: This site tells you about some good blogs to get new ideas for toddlers. I'm sure I'll be checking back here as AK gets bored with some of the things I've mentioned above.
We already have pegs/pegboard, magnetic pattern blocks, piggy bank with coins, large beads to put on a dowel rod (we'll move to pipe cleaners and then later to string), colored counting bears to sort in cups and lots of puzzles and books. I think I have enough to start with. Then I'll try to find a few new things every month. Trying to not overwhelm myself too much! Can't believe the school year starts soon!! Very excited!
I have a few more days to organize things before she starts on the 19th, so I have been looking for ideas of things to do with AK. I know that I have to keep him busy or he'll get himself into trouble. ;)
Here are a few ideas I found and am working on:
Toddler activities : My favorite ideas on here are #19 and #23. #19 has you add magnetic tape to pom-poms, put them on a cookie sheet and have the child practice their pincer grasp in removing the pom-poms. #23 just has magnets on a cookie sheet which I think AK would love. I found a cookie sheet at the $1 store and will make the pom-poms this week. We already have some alphabet magnets.
*gluten free playdough (since he's gf)
*duplo blocks (need to buy)
*one or two water bottles that have glitter and some other small things in them. I used to have them in my class (but I put in some dice so the kids could add) and my 2nd graders loved the bottles. I might just put die in them so AC can use them too. AK won't mind, I'm sure. He'll just have fun shaking it.
*I might make a sensory bin with rice and/or beans but I'm nervous about the mess. Any ideas on how to keep in mess-free without taking it outside?
Fine motor activities : This site has several good ideas to help AK increase his fine motor abilities.
I do want to work on colors and shapes with him this year. I thought about making small bins that are sorted by color. After he starts to learn colors, I could give him sort different colored items.
More toddler activities : I love the "Brown bear, brown bear" head and tail puzzles. I also like the velcro idea. I used to do this with EK and might have her work on this again. She loved to pull them off. You have to have a good grasp on the object in order to pull it off. Something she doesn't always like to do.
great place to find activities for your tot: This site tells you about some good blogs to get new ideas for toddlers. I'm sure I'll be checking back here as AK gets bored with some of the things I've mentioned above.
We already have pegs/pegboard, magnetic pattern blocks, piggy bank with coins, large beads to put on a dowel rod (we'll move to pipe cleaners and then later to string), colored counting bears to sort in cups and lots of puzzles and books. I think I have enough to start with. Then I'll try to find a few new things every month. Trying to not overwhelm myself too much! Can't believe the school year starts soon!! Very excited!
Comments
Post a Comment