Frustrating!
Have you ever felt frustrated when things are pretty much out of your hands? You have no control or no idea how to make a good decision? I can't tell you how many times I have felt this way with EK. I think that's the hardest thing about her being non-verbal. When she's crying, I have to try and figure out why. Is she hungry? Thirsty? Tired? Sick? Hurting? Bored? I just wish (and I know SHE wishes) she could tell me.
This past Wednesday night I went to brush her teeth before bed and I noticed one of her metal spacers (that keeps room for a permanent tooth) was gone! It was there the night before when I brushed her teeth. My stomach dropped, trying to think what happened. My worst fear is that she swallowed it. The only reason I'm worried about it is because that day she also started having issues with constipation. She NEVER has this problem. I have not changed anything in her diet. I did notice on Wednesday she wasn't drinking as much.(Maybe she swallowed the spacer and it scratched her throat going down?) She ate normally though (and still is). I haven't changed any vitamins or supplements. It's a far-fetched idea, but I'm a little worried the metal spacer is stuck somewhere in her and it's what is causing her constipation. She is grinding her teeth more the past couple days, which I think means something hurts.I can't help but wonder if her tummy is hurting or some other part of her is hurting. I guess there is a chance these two things are completely separate. I have learned to be a detective with her though. She is soo very sensitive to things....pesticides, toxins, foods, etc.
If you think of it, you can pray for us. I am praying this turns out to be nothing, but I'm having trouble not being worried about it! Worst case scenario would be doing an x-ray, I guess, to be sure the spacer isn't stuck. I will call our pediatrician back on Friday if the natural remedies I'm trying haven't helped her. (I started Natural Calm, which is magnesium, last night. If that hasn't helped by tomorrow, I'm going to get something stronger called OxyPowder.) I am hoping and praying that one of these resolves the problem!
This past Wednesday night I went to brush her teeth before bed and I noticed one of her metal spacers (that keeps room for a permanent tooth) was gone! It was there the night before when I brushed her teeth. My stomach dropped, trying to think what happened. My worst fear is that she swallowed it. The only reason I'm worried about it is because that day she also started having issues with constipation. She NEVER has this problem. I have not changed anything in her diet. I did notice on Wednesday she wasn't drinking as much.(Maybe she swallowed the spacer and it scratched her throat going down?) She ate normally though (and still is). I haven't changed any vitamins or supplements. It's a far-fetched idea, but I'm a little worried the metal spacer is stuck somewhere in her and it's what is causing her constipation. She is grinding her teeth more the past couple days, which I think means something hurts.I can't help but wonder if her tummy is hurting or some other part of her is hurting. I guess there is a chance these two things are completely separate. I have learned to be a detective with her though. She is soo very sensitive to things....pesticides, toxins, foods, etc.
If you think of it, you can pray for us. I am praying this turns out to be nothing, but I'm having trouble not being worried about it! Worst case scenario would be doing an x-ray, I guess, to be sure the spacer isn't stuck. I will call our pediatrician back on Friday if the natural remedies I'm trying haven't helped her. (I started Natural Calm, which is magnesium, last night. If that hasn't helped by tomorrow, I'm going to get something stronger called OxyPowder.) I am hoping and praying that one of these resolves the problem!
Comments
Post a Comment