First day of School!
It's EK's first day of 2nd grade (technically). She is in a special class for kids with autism again this year. For now, we feel it's the best place for her. Three teachers with three kids most of the day. There are several more kids who come in at the end of the day for social skills. EK should receive a lot of the one-on-one attention that she needs. It's hard sending your little girl off to school all day, when she can't come home and tell you what happened throughout the day. I am thankful that my mom teaches 2nd grade at her school and can keep an eye on her. I'm planning to volunteer more this year as well. I know you can't protect your children forever, but I feel a greater responsibility for her since she can't defend herself.
Lord, I pray you will protect her and keep her safe this year. I also ask that you would help her teachers to be kind and patient in working with her and that you'd give wisdom in finding new ways to get her to learn. For any progress and improvements we see, we promise to give you the glory.
She is so beautiful! Blessings on her year too.
ReplyDelete