My baby is 2!!!

How is that possible? This boy has brought lots of joy to our family and worn me out far more than the girls ever did! :) He keeps me on my toes right now, but I love that he's inquisitive.
He was so excited to blow out the candles this past Tuesday.

He blew them out before we finished singing. He was so proud of himself. (He is looking at Daddy for his approval.)

Cupcakes are so yummy, even when they are gluten, dairy and egg free. (These are the best cupcakes I've tasted in the 4 years we've been on this diet. Let me know if you want the recipe.)

Upstairs watching cartoons with AC. Love that boy!

At 2 years old:
Based on my measurements (I failed to make his 2 year check-up so we don't go until October.)
Weight: 29 1/2 pounds (around 75%)
Height: 34 inches (around 50%)

You love to eat! I can't imagine how your appetite will get bigger, but I'm sure you'll amaze me in the coming days. You are willing to try anything, but now will tell me "yuck!" if you don't like it. I still keep your food gluten, dairy and egg free. You are ok with it, even in the church nursery where all the other kids eat graham crackers. You just ask your teacher for your snack. :)

You are sleeping well! Praise the Lord! It's crazy to think back that a year ago you were still getting up in the night. You sleep from about 8:30 to 7:30 and usually take a 2 hour nap. I recently put a nightlight in your room b/c you didn't want to go to bed. Every night I read a story with you before bed and pray with you. It's neat to hear you "reading" with me on some stories now. And every night you pray (repeating after me...Thank you for Daddy, Mommy, AC (Bah-brey) and EK (Sissy). Amen (May-men).

You are talking more and more. If we ask you where something is, you will say "go bye-bye". It's not helpful at all! You say "ank you" (Thank you!) after someone gives you something and you've had "peas" (please) down forever. In fact, when I try to get you to say a new word, I'll say "help" (or whatever I'm trying to get you to say) and you say "peas". Other new things you're saying: "Scuse me" after you burp, "owee", "Where Bah-brey?", "Tada" (when you find something you were looking for), and "No nigh-nigh" (you never want to take a nap or go to bed, but you're out within 15 minutes). You have also learned how to make people be quiet. You hold your finger to your mouth and say "Kuh!" instead of "Sh". The first time you did it, I was singing a song and it was obvious you had heard enough. It really made me laugh.
You are learning songs, which makes this mama happy! We're all about music. He sings "Hallelu, hallelu" (just saying the hallelu part), "Jesus loves me", "I love you" from Barney, "Happy Birthday" (you say "to you") and others.
You are daring and adventurous. I find you climbing on everything. You've learned how to move a chair to the pantry or the counter to get whatever you want.  (Thankfully you haven't figured out how to open the doors to outside yet!) You do things your sisters never thought about doing, or at least not at 2 years old! You are so smart. I can see the wheels turning as you figure out how a toy works or how you can get into something (or out of something). You love to read books. You love to play rough with your sisters. (They aren't always so happy about it.) The other day, you took one of the vacuum attachments and ran around the house pretending it was a sword. Where have you ever seen that? You want to do everything AC is doing and at the same time she is doing it. Case in point as we tried to do our first day of homeschool. :) I'll be figuring out how to entertain you as we go so you don't feel left out.
Sweet boy, you are loved! I can't wait to watch you grow in the coming months and years. Praying the Lord will draw you to Himself at an early age and that you'll grow into a young man who loves the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autism Awareness Day

3 days in a row...

3 months ago today...