And the saga continues...updated

Tomorrow morning I take EK in for more dental work. Remember back in June when we had to quickly get a tooth pulled? Her crown had fallen out (when it had just been put in just 6 months earlier) and then the tooth got infected. Because we were going out of town for July, I found an oral surgeon who had room to pull the tooth. I was worried it would become infected again before we could get it pulled by our dentist in August. I thought the oral surgeon would be able to put in a spacer as well, but they don't do that. I was a little beside myself, realizing that we put her under in June and then needed to do it again this month. And now, the appointment is almost here.

Lord willing, they will put her under and only add the spacer (where the molar was so there is room when her permanent one comes in a few years from now) and clean her teeth. When I made the appointment, the receptionist said "Well, why don't we just do x-rays and do any other work that is needed." My stomach dropped. I am PRAYING that there isn't anymore work that needs to be done. She has been through so much already the past couple years (and I don't know for sure that some of what has been done, hasn't caused some of our issues.) I am so torn! I want to do make sure she isn't hurting, but I am really sick to my stomach about her needing more fillings or another crown, etc. I so wish she could tell me if something is hurting so that I could make a more informed decision.
Please pray for our appointment that's at 8:30am. I really wish we didn't even have to go....

**Yesterday went well. EK had the spacer put in, her teeth cleaned and had one filling. I'm so relieved that they didn't need to add a crown! She recovered well from the anesthesia and was eating normally today. Thanks for your prayers! I felt peace for the several hours we were there. :)

Comments

  1. melissa...what they are doing is what you should do for her...the putting her under is the hard part however there are several ways to put her under....she may not need complete sedation, just a light sedation to make the work possible...but if they are taking xrays and doing what needs to be done while you are there, that will make her going through it only once. decay is important to take care of ...cavities don't hurt until they are in the nerve...so even if she could tell you, you wouldn't know until it was too far gone..you don't want to let decay get that out of control. each year i would suggest that you take her for xrays and a check up so that you know things are ok... and check around with pediatric dentists on the types of sedation....i would love for you to try dr. mc anthony........she's amazing................ Dr. McAnthony Pediatric Dentist - Dentist | Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/.../Dr-McAnthony-Pediatric-Dentist/1885832...‎
    Places near Dr. McAnthony Pediatric Dentist ... Health Plaza on Main St. (Hwy 377) in Keller, Texas is one of the premier pediatric dental offices in North Texas.

    i will be praying for you and for ek...love pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying for sweet EK in the morning! I know that this causes you lots of anxiety, so I will be praying specifically against that. Keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autism Awareness Day

3 days in a row...

3 months ago today...