Need sleep!!!
I try not to complain too much on here. I mean, who wants to read about a lady that complains all the time. I wouldn't want to!
This is your warning: Complaining is coming! This lady needs sleep! I feel like AC and EK are conspiring against me!
Thursday night AC was up for over 2 hours. She threw up around 3am so perhaps that was the reason. I guess something she ate didn't settle well, because she went back to sleep soon after that. Of course, I didn't b/c she was sleeping by me and I was paranoid she was going to be sick again. I hate stomach bugs! I have awful memories of having stomach sickness as a kid. Seriously, I would try to lay as still as possible, hoping the horrible feeling would go away. After having morning (aka "all day") sickness for 15 weeks with both girls, I have pretty much conquered that fear. But it still makes me nervous when I think my girls might be sick...
We started EK on some medication last week that has to be given during the night on Fridays and Saturdays. Last weekend, I slipped in her room and gave her the meds mixed with yogurt in a syringe. She didn't wake up several times and the other times she fell right back asleep! It was great! Last night (or I should say this morning), I went to give her her medicine at 4:15am and EK decided she didn't want to go back to sleep! She wouldn't stay in her room either. That's right folks, I've been up since 4:15 this morning (3:15 if you don't count the time change!) I'm one tired mama!
I know it's nothing compared to having a newborn, but I feel like the Lord gives extra measures of grace to moms with a newborn. No one ever told me I'd have a 2 and 4 year old that would wake up during the night! For some reason, kids with autism seem to have trouble sleeping. I've read of many that only need 5-6 hours a night. Thankfully that's not my situation most nights. We do give EK some melatonin to help her fall asleep and then she usually sleeps all night. I'm hanging on to the hope that she'll be asleep by 7:30 tonight and will sleep until at least 7:30 tomorrow morning! :) Then perhaps this body can get some much needed rest!
This is your warning: Complaining is coming! This lady needs sleep! I feel like AC and EK are conspiring against me!
Thursday night AC was up for over 2 hours. She threw up around 3am so perhaps that was the reason. I guess something she ate didn't settle well, because she went back to sleep soon after that. Of course, I didn't b/c she was sleeping by me and I was paranoid she was going to be sick again. I hate stomach bugs! I have awful memories of having stomach sickness as a kid. Seriously, I would try to lay as still as possible, hoping the horrible feeling would go away. After having morning (aka "all day") sickness for 15 weeks with both girls, I have pretty much conquered that fear. But it still makes me nervous when I think my girls might be sick...
We started EK on some medication last week that has to be given during the night on Fridays and Saturdays. Last weekend, I slipped in her room and gave her the meds mixed with yogurt in a syringe. She didn't wake up several times and the other times she fell right back asleep! It was great! Last night (or I should say this morning), I went to give her her medicine at 4:15am and EK decided she didn't want to go back to sleep! She wouldn't stay in her room either. That's right folks, I've been up since 4:15 this morning (3:15 if you don't count the time change!) I'm one tired mama!
I know it's nothing compared to having a newborn, but I feel like the Lord gives extra measures of grace to moms with a newborn. No one ever told me I'd have a 2 and 4 year old that would wake up during the night! For some reason, kids with autism seem to have trouble sleeping. I've read of many that only need 5-6 hours a night. Thankfully that's not my situation most nights. We do give EK some melatonin to help her fall asleep and then she usually sleeps all night. I'm hanging on to the hope that she'll be asleep by 7:30 tonight and will sleep until at least 7:30 tomorrow morning! :) Then perhaps this body can get some much needed rest!
Comments
Post a Comment